Tampa Hurricane tiem!

100% scary, by the water. Flapril and I are well inland. Wind is the scary thing and they don't really have any big trees nearby. I do, but they mostly lean away from the house
We are actually *not* well inland. The top of the bay is probably less than a mile from me as the crow flies. That said, we're totally fine. Never lost power and no damage. In fact, we never saw wind speeds above 50mph. I was worried that my PWS wouldn't capture faster wind speeds, so I checked others in the area on WUnderground. I actually had the highest as compared to the four I checked.

We have two kitties missing, but I'm not too worried. One took off last weekend and she's sometimes gone for weeks at a time. The other took off before the storm hit. Again it wasn't too bad here, so they'll be back.

All in all, another fun one for us!

We are actually *not* well inland. The top of the bay is probably less than a mile from me as the crow flies. That said, we're totally fine. Never lost power and no damage. In fact, we never saw wind speeds above 50mph. I was worried that my PWS wouldn't capture faster wind speeds, so I checked others in the area on WUnderground. I actually had the highest as compared to the four I checked.

We have two kitties missing, but I'm not too worried. One took off last weekend and she's sometimes gone for weeks at a time. The other took off before the storm hit. Again it wasn't too bad here, so they'll be back.

All in all, another fun one for us!
BUT ARE YOU OK?

Did you die?

Well, that was fun.
Not sure if I need a better saw or not.
She fuckin worked, but she struggled a bit (as a 14" electric blade would)

CqAkoid.jpg

yAlxKfa.jpg

8O2drSb.jpg

V2YM29Q.jpg

aowfk4K.jpg

aq2dhOg.jpg

Since you can't see it well, machete is a Corona, wonderful blade.
padH8WZ.jpg

Sure is a good thing hurricanes aren't dangerous.

I used to have an electric chainsaw, it worked great. As long as the electricity did.

I had wrote a bunch more shit about dummies living in hurricane central then acting like it's some surprise when it happens and expecting everyone else to guard them against nature, etc. but I erased that shit 'cause I'm feeling particularly benevolent today. So much love and goodwill to all those affected.

Sure is a good thing hurricanes aren't dangerous.

I used to have an electric chainsaw, it worked great. As long as the electricity did.

I had wrote a bunch more shit about dummies living in hurricane central then acting like it's some surprise when it happens and expecting everyone else to guard them against nature, etc. but I erased that shit 'cause I'm feeling particularly benevolent today. So much love and goodwill to all those affected.
Well its a good thing you didn't post it, cause it sounds stupid as fuck. No one is surprised at a hurricane*, and no one on this forum is hoping anyone guards them against nature.
Where do you get this shit?

*my buddy was mildly surprised, he didn't realize till Monday what was happening, but he smokes a  LOT of pot. Thankfully his wife was on the stick.

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer
and yet you won't do your own wiring or walk near high ledges.
:wtf: I do my own wiring. Yes, I may have an irrational fear or heights, but I don't have an irrational fear of hurricanes.

BTW, another tidbit that many people who don't get hurricanes might not realize. Even with a large storms, hurricane force winds don't extend out very far. IIRC, in the case of Ian it was only 20 miles on either side of the eye. Everyone outside of that relatively small area gets a tropical storm. *yawn*

:wtf: I do my own wiring. Yes, I may have an irrational fear or heights, but I don't have an irrational fear of hurricanes.

BTW, another tidbit that many people who don't get hurricanes might not realize. Even with a large storms, hurricane force winds don't extend out very far. IIRC, in the case of Ian it was only 20 miles on either side of the eye. Everyone outside of that relatively small area gets a tropical storm. *yawn*
"HEY GUYS HOW DO I PULL A WIRE THROUGH THE WALL?"

:cue 4 pages of stupid arguing:

• Haha
Reactions: fly