Hunter becomes "hunted" (long)

ChikkenNoodul said:
They're sweet and cuddly, particularly when they sneak up behind you at 100 feet and bite through your low pressure hose
Fuckin fish. Kill em all. Except the dolphins.

Thats a cool story, definately one to tell for a while.

I doubt the eyes I saw that night with F33nX belonged to a bear, but it was probably a coyote, and it probably wasn't the only one within 20 yards of the lodge.

If you had shot the cougar in self defense would they still fine you?

Millions said:

it's apparently easy to scare them off, they're not supposed to hunt stuff that's bigger than them, so shooting one in self defense sounds a little far-fetched

BozuSugoi said:
Thats a cool story, definately one to tell for a while.

I doubt the eyes I saw that night with F33nX belonged to a bear, but it was probably a coyote, and it probably wasn't the only one within 20 yards of the lodge.

blah blah blah. we were scared shitless that night:p

F33nX said:
it's apparently easy to scare them off, they're not supposed to hunt stuff that's bigger than them, so shooting one in self defense sounds a little far-fetched

Yeah I dunno...out here a bunch of bicycle riders were attacked and some even killed by a mountain lion that was jumping out of the bushes and taking them down.

If a fat guy wearing bright orange spandex bike pants and a "I love mother earth" sticker plastered to the side of his custom made, neon green bike helmet doesn't scare off a cougar, I'm not sure what will.

Think if I saw one I'd shoot at it to scare it off...the cougar that is...I'd actually aim for the bike rider.

Millions said:

I guess if you could prove without a shadow of a doubt that you did it in self defense they would let you off. Would probably take a few witness's though. If that cat would have been close enough where I could have seen the whole thing and not just the eyes I think I would have shot it just because there are several children that live close to where we were. I would hate to have someones kid mauled by that thing. Now I know that we are invading their terrirory but if its a kid or the cat... The cat get's it.