Hunter becomes "hunted" (long)

3_ft_9

Flaccid Member
Nov 4, 2004
286
0
0
45
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
This is probably one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me. The hair on the back of my neck stands up and I get goosebumps when I think about it..........

This last weekend was the final 3 days of archery (deer) season in Washington. My buddy has 20 acres in southeastern washington that backs up to thousands of acres that belongs to Boise Cascade timber company so its a great place to hunt. We got there just before midnight on thursday, and we thought we would go ahead and set up my tree stand to save time in the morning. I grab the tree stand & safety harness while he gets the flashlight and his .357 mag (just in case) and we head off into the darkest dark I have ever been in to set this stand up. After walking about 400-500 yards from the trailer we come to where we think "the tree" was, it was much harder to find at night and after walking around in the pitch black for another 20-30 min we find "the tree" . This is a perfect spot too, Its in a tree next to where 3 different deer trails meet and there were fresh droppings everywhere. While I was getting my stand put togeather he swings the flashlight up one of the trails and I hear..... wft is that?? I put down the stand and walk next to him and in the light were 2 BIG cat eyes. Then it was like the thing turned his head and it was gone..... Then there it was again looking at us. This went on for several min. It would turn its head then a few feet over you could see its eyes in the light. We guessed the distance to be about 60-80 yards away on an uphill slope. I then hurried like hell to get my stand on the tree so we could get the hell out of dodge. My buddy drew his gun and We slowly walked back to camp, taking a few steps and then stopping to look around. We seen the eyes twice more, one behind us and once on our left. We were being stalked by what we think was a Mountain Lion!!! Now I know what you are thinking .. It could have been anything right.. A deer ,racoon, coyote?? No way, and here is why.... The eyes were set to close togeather to be a deer and they were also too close to the ground. Coyotes are way too spooky to hang around like that. I have seen them before from my tree stand and the slightest movement and they tuck tail and run. We never seen tracks or scat from what ever it was but my buddys neighbor that lives down the road has seen cougar tracks up there before. Damn that scared the shit out of me!!!!
 

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
9,957
3,001
523
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,009.38
Marklar
M3,009
wow, that's really freaky
i've had a couple of similar experiences, both at the same hunting lodge. one was when i went outside to pee, and all of a sudden i heard a band of coyotes start singing like 200 feet away from me. i've never run so fast trying to zip my fly in my life. the second was recently down there, when we arrived at what we thought would be a warm happy cabin, was a pitch dark cold cabin with no wood, no matches, no butane, and no kindling. while outside bosu saw a big pair of eyes staring at him, and then we heard scraping noises outside for the rest of the night. we found out the next day that there was a wounded bear (shot) running amok in the area. :eek:

did you get anything the next day?
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
102,805
37,512
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,053.42
Marklar
M59,053
That's happened to me before too, but I was being a silly kid with my cousins and out trying to cowtip (to see if its possible.) A cat, that I want to say was a bobcat by how the coat looked was watching us with those.. EYES. It's kinda spooky, there were many of us so I think it felt outnumbered as we bolted back to the cabin.
 

3_ft_9

Flaccid Member
Nov 4, 2004
286
0
0
45
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
F33nX said:
wow, that's really freaky
i've had a couple of similar experiences, both at the same hunting lodge. one was when i went outside to pee, and all of a sudden i heard a band of coyotes start singing like 200 feet away from me. i've never run so fast trying to zip my fly in my life. the second was recently down there, when we arrived at what we thought would be a warm happy cabin, was a pitch dark cold cabin with no wood, no matches, no butane, and no kindling. while outside bosu saw a big pair of eyes staring at him, and then we heard scraping noises outside for the rest of the night. we found out the next day that there was a wounded bear (shot) running amok in the area. :eek:

did you get anything the next day?
No I didnt :( I only seen 3 deer that morning and they winded me before they were in bow range. :mad:
 

3_ft_9

Flaccid Member
Nov 4, 2004
286
0
0
45
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
CletusJones said:
you shoulds busted out the .357 and busted a cap right there. I bet a mountain lion would look :cool: on the wall.

It would have looked great on the wall. But the fine for getting caught shooting a cougar at night and with no tags.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:eek:
 
S

smileynev

Guest
Would have been cooler had the cougar shot at you or started chasing you with a butcher knife. Now THAT would have been scary.
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
102,805
37,512
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,053.42
Marklar
M59,053
3_ft_9 said:
It would have looked great on the wall. But the fine for getting caught shooting a cougar at night and with no tags.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
:eek:
Caught at night? Come on, you can get away with it. :fly:
 

3_ft_9

Flaccid Member
Nov 4, 2004
286
0
0
45
Marklar
₥0.00
Marklar
M0
April23 said:
Caught at night? Come on, you can get away with it. :fly:

I think I would have shot it if it had gotten close enough to see the entire thing instead of just the eyes. Game wardens are everywhere out there. With our luck we would have got caught.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
3_ft_9 said:
I think I would have shot it if it had gotten close enought to see the entire thing instead of just the eyes. Game wardens are everywhere out there. With our luck we would have got caught.
With your luck it would have been a game warden
 
S

smileynev

Guest
ChikkenNoodul said:
This from the guy that thinks fish are scary
Dude, they breath water. Seriously, wtf? That makes them like vampires or something.