HPV - Ya You Know Me

And that's where we disagree. Some people love government intervention when it suits them. Just remember that alcohol was banned because someone else thought people were generally idiots and shouldn't be allowed to drink. If you think I'm being paranoid all you have to do is look at the history of this country and see all the examples of people demanding that the government step in and ban something that today all of us take for granted.

For example, do you realize that you and fly are breaking Florida laws against cohabitation. :fly: Yeah, someone else thought people were generally idiots and shouldn't be allowed to live together before marriage. Cohabitation and fornication increases risk of spreading STDs and unwanted pregnancies, both of which also affect lives other than your own.

I understand, but diseases such as this one seems so easily fixable if everyone would just get the vaccine and be done with it.

[Yet that is not possible]

man... by the way some of this logic in this thread is, i should have gotten the clap more than a few times from the chicks ive been with... yet, i havent. So either Im real lucky, or its not quite the soul stealing std its made out to be.

man... by the way some of this logic in this thread is, i should have gotten the clap more than a few times from the chicks ive been with... yet, i havent. So either Im real lucky, or its not quite the soul stealing std its made out to be.

You are just smart at sleeping with the right people. There are some nasty people out there. :eek:

She's likely to give people cancer later on if she doesn't decide to get the shot later on. This is the liberal mindset that pisses me off to no end. Always assume that people are going to do the wrong thing, make the wrong choice, so might as well take away those choices.

I just believe people are generally capable of running their own fraking lives and don't need a government nanny in every single aspect to make sure we all do the same thing.
But again, if ~6th grade gives the best immune response, then THAT is when the vaccine should be given. No sooner, no later.
The clap and HPV are different. You very likely have HPV and don't know it.

Can you name a good reason why it shouldn't be given to children?

Because not all vaccinations are fool proof or necessary. Ignoring the decades of data we have on adverse effects of vaccinations the bottom line remains that it needs to be the choice of the parent. Merck has done enough research to get their drug FDA approved but that doesn't mean it's not a new drug that could still use some time on the market before such drastic measures as mandatory innoculation are imposed and it doesn't mean more research won't lead to new discoveries of adverse affects, something that's happened with numerous vaccinations for over half a century.

Let's not forget that it's pretty fucking expensive. :lol:

Start being logical and less emotional about it. Your daughter is going to have sex. Your daughter is going to get HPV. Why subject her, and others I might add, to warts and cancer because it makes you uncomfortable to think of someone knocking the bottom out of your little angel later in life?

:lol:

I understand the ability to make choices and I agree.

But this is helpful vaccine, we're arguing that you should get it... not that it should be forced upon you.

I'm not, I'm arguing against it being made mandatory. :fly: It wasn't even done by a vote, the fucking governer issues an executive order.

Also, I love how two years ago barely anyone had heard of this but suddenly it gets all this media attention and everyone's rushing to get this. :lol: I'm going to laugh if in ten years y'all all have thalidomide babies.

Last edited:
Because not all vaccinations are fool proof or necessary. Ignoring the decades of data we have on adverse effects of vaccinations the bottom line remains that it needs to be the choice of the parent. Merck has done enough research to get their drug FDA approved but that doesn't mean it's not a new drug that could still use some time on the market before such drastic measures as mandatory innoculation are imposed and it doesn't mean more research won't lead to new discoveries of adverse affects, something that's happened with numerous vaccinations for over half a century.

Let's not forget that it's pretty fucking expensive. :lol:

So you'd be fine with it once its efficacy has been thoroughly tested? My point is that if its not mandatory, dumb parents could do more harm than good to their children, while smart parents would be unaffected by the mandate since they would be getting it anyway.

With that logic, the law only effects stupid people. Smart people will do it anyway...

So you'd be fine with it once its efficacy has been thoroughly tested? My point is that if its not mandatory, dumb parents could do more harm than good to their children, while smart parents would be unaffected by the mandate since they would be getting it anyway.

With that logic, the law only effects stupid people. Smart people will do it anyway...

No, I would never be fine with an unnecessary vaccination being made mandatory. I'd be fine with it being made mandatory if it was shown - with some degree of statistical significance - that HPV can be transmitted very easily via general contact. It can't.

No, dumb parents would not necessarily being doing harm to their children. You seem to think that if someone doesn't get this shot then it's an absolutel certainty that they'll get cervical cancer. It's not.

The point is that it's not your decision how someone else raises her child. It never should be because I know you wouldn't want someone telling you how to raise your child.

Going back to me previous example of Floridian cohabitation laws, you have something that you take completely for granted being banned by a group of people that decided you and Ape are not smart enough to live together without being married and that you should be jailed to avoid throwing another unwanted child into the world or spreading STDs.

My best friend contract HPV in early 2006. She has dysplatia (sp?) now and may have to get a hysterectomy. She's 24. I will always support this vaccine and the fact that you can only get it up to a certain age makes me want it talked about even more. I got my first shot a month ago and have told every female I know to go get theirs.