How'd you meet your current GF, BF, Wife, etc?

ugh - you want to buy in to it but then you read shit like:

"Another thing to watch out for is the code words women use. Here is a translation guide for dealing with women.

Says: I want a man who is motivated and has goals.
Means: I want a rich man

Says: I want a man who knows how to treat a woman.

Says: He's from a really good family.
Means: He's from a really rich family."

Not that the author is jaded or anything. Look it's not our fault you couldn't find a date to the prom

I didn't read all the pages of this thread. Dan and I think we may have met in the basement of a mutual friends house. I was on drugs and he thought I was a freak. If somebody had told either of us then that we would marry, we'd have thought they were crazy. It was probably 10 years before we started dating.

according to april, for this to be true then
yep.

1. you want to have sex with her
2. you don't find her attractive

It really is that simple
ugh - you want to buy in to it but then you read shit like:

"Another thing to watch out for is the code words women use. Here is a translation guide for dealing with women.

Says: I want a man who is motivated and has goals.

Says: I want a man who knows how to treat a woman.

Says: He's from a really good family.
Means: He's from a really rich family."

Not that the author is jaded or anything. Look it's not our fault you couldn't find a date to the prom

Exactly. Its socialogy, so of course its unproven. But read through the thing and try not to nod your head at 80-90% of it THEN wonder about the other 10-20%...

yep.

1. you want to have sex with her
2. you don't find her attractive

It really is that simple

Exactly. Its socialogy, so of course its unproven. But read through the thing and try not to nod your head at 80-90% of it THEN wonder about the other 10-20%...
I think I read it through 4 years ago when you linked it to me the first time - going back through it I still think it's interesting. But, I really don't buy in to it. For me to believe this I'd first have to identify that I feel the same way as the author (I don't), and then I'd have to accept that all of mankind is this simplistic and basic. Man/women/sex that's it. If that were the case, and if I really and truly believed this then I would lose a lot of respect for "romantic conquest". And likely lose respect for mankind. Hey, maybe all of this is right, or maybe it's true for some people and not for others. Like most everything else in life.

Last edited:
I guess this is a bad time to bring up the fact that my bff is a guy and I met him on genmay, right?

:fly: