How Your Income Stacks Up

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
Interesting article discussing the salary range breakout and percentage of tax burden.

"Where do you rank as a taxpayer? You may not feel rich earning $35,000 a year, but you're in the top half of taxpayers. Make $70,000, and you earn more than 75 percent of fellow taxpayers."

12-1.jpg

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-wor...ncome-stacks-up?mod=career-salary_negotiation

Although I can understand and generally agree with the idea of all people paying taxes equally, I have a really hard time feeling bad for someone who makes $400K or even $100K when April rolls around. I wonder what that guy would do if he were making $32k and trying to feed, clothe and house a family of 4. We can't all be at the top. If we were, there would be nobody to take out our garbage, serve us mcheartattacks, or irritate us when we call our cable company's customer service line. And then I remember that selfish rich people are the reason we are in a recession in the first place, and any little bit of bad I feel for them paying too much taxes goes right away. I think the selfish rich people who put us here should have to pay all the taxes for the whole country for a while and then go to prison for 10 years and then be required to be garbage men/women until they retire at age 92 and then go on medicaid and die in a state nursing home while the people they screwed get to live in their penthouses and drive their fancy cars and wear their $5000 suits and fly in their personal jets and ...okay, I'm getting a little worked up here. Deep breaths. Counting to 10.

Taxes aren't fair. How the money is spent isn't fair either.

Although I can understand and generally agree with the idea of all people paying taxes equally, I have a really hard time feeling bad for someone who makes $400K or even $100K when April rolls around. I wonder what that guy would do if he were making $32k and trying to feed, clothe and house a family of 4. We can't all be at the top. If we were, there would be nobody to take out our garbage, serve us mcheartattacks, or irritate us when we call our cable company's customer service line. And then I remember that selfish rich people are the reason we are in a recession in the first place, and any little bit of bad I feel for them paying too much taxes goes right away. I think the selfish rich people who put us here should have to pay all the taxes for the whole country for a while and then go to prison for 10 years and then be required to be garbage men/women until they retire at age 92 and then go on medicaid and die in a state nursing home while the people they screwed get to live in their penthouses and drive their fancy cars and wear their $5000 suits and fly in their personal jets and ...okay, I'm getting a little worked up here. Deep breaths. Counting to 10.

Lulrage.

People who make $100k a year don't typically wear $5,000 suits and have personal jets.

Those things are kinda limited to those making millions of dollars per year, or with old money.

most private jets are corporate assets as well. you can right it off as a business expense that way

Yea well, people have a choice to never settle though, either. You can always improve your income in some way if you're really just looking for more money in the long run.

Last edited: