Ontopic How to save the planet for Hips

More companies need to use the biodegradable packing peanuts. I shocked my daughter the other day popping one into my mouth - 3 seconds later it was a pea of potato starch. Toss into the garden and they whither in the morning dew.

It’s better to freak people out by dumping a bunch into a toilet.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
With as much plastic as there is anything that eats it is going to become not only an invasive but a conquering species at least somewhere if not everywhere.
Alternately, we could stop making plastic for X number of years. Let the prick eat up ALL of it, then it starves since WE are the one's controlling the plastic.
.:fly:
I realize this wouldn't work too well, too many different plastics.

"Biodegrable" Corn plastic mulch still holding strong after 2 seasons in the sun here. Wonder how long it really takes to break down underground, in a weak soil with little other organic matter - like my sandy shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
If you live far enough north you don't have to run cooling appliances much at all.

The great outdoors is your freezer.

An attached garage stays around refrigerator temp because radiant heat from the house.

Let the snow drift up against the north side of the house, don't clear it away.

Leaving a layer on the roof helps insulate but too much can cave it in.

Leave the curtains/blinds open on the south windows during the day. Sun is heat.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes