Ontopic How to save the planet for Hips

OOD

Yet ANOTHER ! Beautiful Bearded Rashner
Apr 16, 2016
Marklar
₥44,556
Let's try to keep each other informed about the little and big things we can do to help preserve the planet. We can also use this thread to post examples of completely unnecessary waste.

Some things that I think are helpful:

-Reducing consumption of animal products.

-Using reusable grocery bags, straws, freezer bags, and other plastics. Especially one use plastics.

-If you want that $7 coffee, bring your own mug/cup and reusable straw.

-Buying used clothing, electronics, and accessories whenever possible. Instead of buying new.

-Wearing a warm coat inside in the winter and no pants in the summer. Instead of relying only on the thermostat.

Repair something and use it some more. Don't just throw stuff away because you can. Don't buy new stuff just for fashion or to "update your look". Use stuff until it really is used up.

Stop planned obsolescence of electronics and other items.

Stop packaging every little thing in plastic. Some stuff doesn't really need to be in a wrapper or a box.

Repair something and use it some more. Don't just throw stuff away because you can. Don't buy new stuff just for fashion or to "update your look". Use stuff until it really is used up.

Stop planned obsolescence of electronics and other items.

Stop packaging every little thing in plastic. Some stuff doesn't really need to be in a wrapper or a box.

Don't let the water run while brushing your teeth.
Or tooth depending on your oral upkeep.

-Wearing a warm coat inside in the winter and no pants in the summer. Instead of relying only on the thermostat.

This is a big one. Bunch of people keep their house ice cold in the summer and blazing hot in the winter. They should just move to the opposite hemisphere if they're that ass backwards.

65 feels warm when there's snow on the ground. 78 feels cool when it's 100 in the shade.

stop reproducing.
Be self-sustaining as much as possible
minimalism
buy good quality products once
Minimalism is great in a lot of ways. It can really help you live in a smaller house which is super awesome. Where it often fails is when people throw stuff out only to buy it later because all they care about is the convenience of having less stuff to worry about. A lot of these extreme minimalist are harming the environment much more than the average person.

An extreme minimalist would never keep a reusable straw or cup on there person when they can just toss a one use straw and cup in the trash.

"Aaaaaah it feels so amazing to lighten my load. That cup and straw was a serious burden and vibe killer."

Last edited:
Let's try to keep each other informed about the little and big things we can do to help preserve the planet. We can also use this thread to post examples of completely unnecessary waste.

Some things that I think are helpful:

-Reducing consumption of animal products.

-Using reusable grocery bags, straws, freezer bags, and other plastics. Especially one use plastics.

-If you want that $7 coffee, bring your own mug/cup and reusable straw.

-Buying used clothing, electronics, and accessories whenever possible. Instead of buying new.

I love you but you have to wear pants at the Christmas party.

Stop buying from Amazon.

Guilty.
I read recently that shopping new online is better than shopping new in a store. I don't know if Amazon is a special case or even how true or false what I read was. I pretty much only shop online for specific things that I can't get otherwise. I rarely buy something other than food.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and HipHugHer
I read recently that shopping new online is better than shopping new in a store. I don't know if Amazon is a special case or even how true or false what I read was. I pretty much only shop online for specific things that I can't get otherwise. I rarely buy something other than food.
Amazon offers no-hassle packaging for some items, which I usually hit up (unless it's a gift).

• Gravy
Reactions: adi