How to reenact Airwolf in your Office

seriously badass. reminds me of a foam spinny thing i had. you couldn't control it's direction though, just the speed of the prop (thus, height).

They advertise the shit outta that thing on the second line History and Discovery channels. I didn't know it was only thirty bucks. 'Course, most of the consumer grade rc flying machines have extremely limited control. For instance, a lot of the rc planes you see in toy aisles don't have any movable control surfaces and rely strictly on changes in thrust for pitch control and thrust differential for roll/yaw control.

edit: voted more than 1 in hopes that a genuine rc aircraft discussion ensues

Last edited:
They advertise the shit outta that thing on the second line History and Discovery channels. I didn't know it was only thirty bucks. 'Course, most of the consumer grade rc flying machines have extremely limited control. For instance, a lot of the rc planes you see in toy aisles don't have any movable control surfaces and rely strictly on changes in thrust for pitch control and thrust differential for roll/yaw control.

I have never seen one under 300 that actually works, anybody seen different?

I have never seen one under 300 that actually works, anybody seen different?

Well, I did some checking on the rc forum I read ( http://rcgroups.com ). That particular model is sold as the Air Hogs Havoc, and the Silverlit Picco-Z. Apparently the designer posts there on occasion.

The model's been pretty well received, with people commenting favorably on its controllability, though many seem to want to add a little weight to the nose to help it go faster in forward flight. One guy says it's the most fun he's had for $30, and while that may not necessarily be true, most folks who've commented on it make it out to be a reasonably good indoor flier-- especially for the money.

Here's a video of some guy flying it around a living room and ultimately crashing it into a cat:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpgUFs4RNg[/YOUTUBE]

Seems that the controls are limited to up/down and left/right rotation-- forward motion is due to balance or some limiting effect of the tail angle which I haven't worked out yet.

yeah for a nice little starter it for someon you would like to introduce to the hobby of RC, this is wonderful.

it was actually recommended to me by a Rc friend of mine who apparently spends more money on RC stuff in one year than I do on gaming for the past decade.