How to free domain from squatter?

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
A friend of mine has started a company and would like to register "theirname".com but it is currently being sat on by Network Solutions who appear to provide hosting and whatnot and have no real use for the domain. How can I get it from them without having to pay crazy fees?

A friend of mine has started a company and would like to register "theirname".com but it is currently being sat on by Network Solutions who appear to provide hosting and whatnot and have no real use for the domain. How can I get it from them without having to pay crazy fees?

Without a genuine legal complaint, I think you either just pay them what they want or do without.

Rumor has it that if you used netsol's web site to search for a potential domain name, that they "bought" the domain and held it for 5 days, in case you really did want the domain. They've taken heat from media and now ICANN about this policy. They claim they are protecting their potential customer from domain squatters.

Verify that netsol is the owner of the web site, by doing a whois of the domain name in question. If the domain is owned by someone else, they could have simply enabled netsol parking, which means they have no webhost, but want a generic page for their domain.