How to buy an SSL Certicifate

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
the boss now wants me to get the company email working on his iphone. Since an iphone won't let you override the "the certificate doesn't match the site" error when connecting to secure IMAP (like my Treo does) I now need to register a for real SSL Certificate so that our exchange server is all kosher.

So i need to register a certificate for subdomain.domain.com that I can install on the exchange server we run out of our office. www.domain.com is hosted elsewhere. anyone know how i do that? do i have to go through the domain registrar or can i use anyone?

iirc, the EXACT domain name is the only one that matters. Will the iphone accept a selfsigned cert? Those are free. Otherwise, you can get them anywhere.

so i can use a godaddy cert even if the domain isn't registered with them?

i tried the selfsigned cert. the iphone, when verifying the info, kicks up a message saying something like "can't confirm SSL connection, would you like to run without SSL?" whereas my treo says "certificate isn't trusted, continue anyway?" So, no, can't get the iphone to work with self-signed certificate without dumping SSL, which i won't.

i'll do the godaddy thing. they're cheap.

From what I understand iPhone doesn't do exchange so you are trying to go around that? :dunno:

they announced impending support like last week
my company promptly issued a statement that we will still not be supporting it until thorough testing has been done sometime far down the road

Last edited:
From what I understand iPhone doesn't do exchange so you are trying to go around that? :dunno:
yeah, you can still use imap which is close enough.

they announced impending support like last week
my company promptly issued a statement that we will still not be supporting it until thorough testing has been done sometime far down the road
cheapskates.

Last edited:
motherfucking son of a bitch this iphone shit is pissing me off.

i STILL can't get imap working on it. i just called apple support, they sent me an email with installtion instructions. it's exactly the same as the thing i found on the web hours ago. this is fucking retarded.

motherfucking son of a bitch this iphone shit is pissing me off.

i STILL can't get imap working on it. i just called apple support, they sent me an email with installtion instructions. it's exactly the same as the thing i found on the web hours ago. this is fucking retarded.

did they announce when the proper exchange support is going to be released?

jesus tapdancing christ. i finally said uncle and was just going to bookmark out outlook web access page. go to visit it: no connection. try google: no connection.

this whole time the damn phone has been trying to connect through a wifi network it doesn't have permission on.

now it works. christ on a cracker what a waste of a morning.

I was just downstairs talking with a buddy that has the iphone sdk and is working on making games for adult swim for the iphone