GAY How to be fit -OR- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Salad

How much is "1 stone" in lbs?
Is there a calibrated stone someplace?
Ye Olde Stone of The Unchanging Weight?

It's a bit of an oddity. originally real stones were used as local measures and could have been anything in weight. Eventually there became standards which varied from the Edinburgh stone ( about 24 lbs IIRC) and various others which might even have been different in the same area for varying items such as wool or meat. It's now standardised at 14lbs.

OK, so today I had:

Toast in the morning & cappuccino. That is all because I was running around taking care of the sick youngin.

In the afternoon, I had a salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, 1 boiled egg, carrots, etc.
Then celery & peanut butter...

Annnd I haven't eaten since. In fact, I wasn't even really hungry, THEN I drank a bunch of water and suddenly starving. Wtf.

So, I'm going to make brownie batter. :fly:

I drink tons of water
Avoid carbs like crazy
No salt
No sugars
No oils
Small portions throughout the day
Greens! Greens! Greens!
White! White! White! (White meat poultry, white fish)
No food after 7pm
And for the love of god people, exercise!! Move around!
I have a treadmill in my basement, I rape it daily.
Yoga 3x a week (but lately cuz of work its been 1x a week... Boooo) but I always make it a priority to exercise everyday.

I generally have dry toast and a glass of malk for breakfast. Then a sandwich for lunch. And finally, whatever Ape makes for dinner. And I almost never snack.

I generally have dry toast and a glass of malk for breakfast. Then a sandwich for lunch. And finally, whatever Ape makes for dinner. And I almost never snack.

and this is why you're fat.
you are doing it all backwards!
small portions thru out the day is essential.
also why have bread in the AM and then bread again for lunch? and the i assume ape will serve another carb for dinner?

tisk tisk

and this is why you're fat.
you are doing it all backwards!
small portions thru out the day is essential.
also why have bread in the AM and then bread again for lunch? and the i assume ape will serve another carb for dinner?

tisk tisk

Carbs aren't bad. In fact you need carbs to stay healthy. It's just better to get whole grains. So if he's eating whole wheat bread he's actually getting like 20% of his requirement for daily carbs in each slice. Even if he eats 4 a day it's not bad. Toast for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and rice for dinner isn't bad. I just don't see a ton of veg in there and that should be the overwhelming majority of what we all eat. I'm not great at that either though.

Carbs aren't bad. In fact you need carbs to stay healthy. It's just better to get whole grains. So if he's eating whole wheat bread he's actually getting like 20% of his requirement for daily carbs in each slice. Even if he eats 4 a day it's not bad. Toast for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and rice for dinner isn't bad. I just don't see a ton of veg in there and that should be the overwhelming majority of what we all eat. I'm not great at that either though.

We generally kinda alternate between whole grain and sourdough. And we occasionally have veggies with/as dinner. I don't seem to be dying yet.

I understand that we all need carbs, but there is no need for him to have it 3 or 4 times a day