GAY How to be fit -OR- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Salad

Real answer though CJ yes they help. I don't think anyone realises how much they help until they've been that depressed and then taken some that work. It means I don't have to worry about struggling to get out of bed or have to feel helpless and like dying daily.

i only had valium once when i was getting my balls cut on, and it was a fun time. the valium, not the ball cutting.

Not listed as a caution in the BNF. :iono: Regardless, it's not commonly used here for treating depression. Fluoxetine, Citalopram and Sertraline seem to be the ones they dish out first.

Those are all SSRI's right? They are the most popular thing right now, but they don't play well with a lot of people, so I would hope doctors would consider other classes of antidepressants until they found something that worked for their patient.

Although I did tell my doc that the AD's keep me up. He just balanced it out with some strong sleeping pills. Works quite nicely. :fly: Can't be too worrying or fatal. I think maybe because of the contraindication of psychosis with the drug, if you stay up for like 5 days it probably doesn't help.

I'm not a fan of sleeping pills. Maybe eating some benadryl to help occasionally, but a lot of the ones they prescribe here are addictive and make you do crazy things.

Wait, how many of you crazies are on antidepressants?

Do they do anything for you?

I took them for a while to get through a rough patch but I don't anymore. I would take them again if things got bad again. I don't think they are a clear cut cure all for depression, but they can help in really bad situations.

Last edited:
Real answer though CJ yes they help. I don't think anyone realises how much they help until they've been that depressed and then taken some that work. It means I don't have to worry about struggling to get out of bed or have to feel helpless and like dying daily.
Interesting. When I took the Xanax it was like the world went all happy. Kinda like mushrooms but without the visuals. I felt care free and lalalala for like 4 hours.
i only had valium once when i was getting my balls cut on, and it was a fun time. the valium, not the ball cutting.
R.I.P. balls

Interesting. When I took the Xanax it was like the world went all happy. Kinda like mushrooms but without the visuals. I felt care free and lalalala for like 4 hours.

Were you depressed at the time?

I think of AD's like this - all they do is restore your chemicals to normal. I don't feel 'buzzed' or 'happy' on AD's, I just don't feel like dying anymore, I'm back to just functioning as an average person.

i took a multivitamin this morning

0p48rTy.jpg

Omfg Yay!!!!!!!

This thread rules!

Fatties, take notes!!!

I'm not a fan of sleeping pills. Maybe eating some benadryl to help occasionally, but a lot of the ones they prescribe here are addictive and make you do crazy things.

That's why you use melatonin. Works like a champ but its not addictive and it doesn't leave you all drowsy.

I think of AD's like this - all they do is restore your chemicals to normal. I don't feel 'buzzed' or 'happy' on AD's, I just don't feel like dying anymore, I'm back to just functioning as an average person.
No, I was curious what it would do so I took half of one. I've never had a depression or anxiety problem. I have good days and bad like normal people but am OK for the most part. Every day I write down 3+ things I'm grateful for, it really helps my outlook and reminds me that there are good things out there. I'm kind of a pessimist in that I feel like 95% of people I encounter are full on retarded, so the book helps.

That's why you use melatonin. Works like a champ but its not addictive and it doesn't leave you all drowsy.

But melatonin does come with risks. The longer you use it, the less able your body is to produce natural melatonin thus making you dependent upon it. To say that it isn't addictive in that sense is an arguable point. In addition, there's not much regulation on the melatonin you buy. I remember reading a study of some popular melatonin supplements and it was determined that the amounts and purity were all over the place, even in the same bottle of stuff. Also, it's important to remember that melatonin is a hormone. It's probably not wise to take this stuff without consulting a physician first.

No, I was curious what it would do so I took half of one. I've never had a depression or anxiety problem. I have good days and bad like normal people but am OK for the most part. Every day I write down 3+ things I'm grateful for, it really helps my outlook and reminds me that there are good things out there. I'm kind of a pessimist in that I feel like 95% of people I encounter are full on retarded, so the book helps.

I'm guessing the odd feeling you got was because your brain chemicals are fine, so they spiked, whereas when depressed all the do is bring it to a normal level.

Xanax isn't an anti-depressant.

Just found the article online

IF you want to lose weight, you’ll have to get up early.

People who exercise before breakfast can burn up to 20 per cent more fat than those who go to the gym at lunchtime, scientists have found.
Taking exercise on an empty stomach forces our bodies to draw on their reserves of fat, according to researchers from Northumbria University.
To find out whether the benefits of exercising after an overnight fast were undermined by an increased appetite later in the day, the team led by Dr Emma Stevenson and PhD student Javier Gonzalez asked 12 men to exercise on a treadmill either before or after breakfast.
Afterwards they were all given a chocolate milkshake followed by a pasta lunch and were asked to eat until they felt “comfortably full”.
Their lunchtime consumption of energy and fat was then calculated, taking into account the amount burned during the morning exercise session.
The researchers discovered that those who had exercised in the morning did not consume additional calories or experience increased appetite during the day to compensate for their earlier activity.
They also found that those who had exercised on an empty stomach burned almost 20 per cent more fat compared with those who had breakfast before their workout.
This means that performing exercise on an empty stomach is the most efficient way of losing fat.

Mr Gonzalez said: “In order to lose body fat we need to use more fat than we consume. Exercise increases the total amount of energy we expend and a greater proportion of this energy comes from existing fat if the exercise is performed after an overnight fast.
“Our results show that exercise does not increase your appetite, hunger or food consumption later in the day and to get the most out of your session it may be optimal to perform this after an overnight fast.”
The findings are published online in the British Journal of Nutrition.
Dr Stevenson, senior lecturer in sport and exercise nutrition at the university, said: “This research is very important in helping to provide practical guidelines relating to food intake to individuals exercising to maximise fat loss.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/373042/Why-early-birds-lose-the-most-weight

Yes, this is what I'm going to start doing once the weather is not an arctic freeze. Get the kid off on the bus, then power walk with the dog and go about my day. I just bought a new coat for this, too. Yayy

I am not on any.

Me, neither. I tried Celexa bit back and I documented that in the girly rape thread. Was horrific for me. I've never taken anything else mentioned here. I can't even imagine trying Xanax. All of this stuff scares me.

R.I.P. balls

that's Adderall for me.

Just found the article online

IF you want to lose weight, you’ll have to get up early.

People who exercise before breakfast can burn up to 20 per cent more fat than those who go to the gym at lunchtime, scientists have found.
Taking exercise on an empty stomach forces our bodies to draw on their reserves of fat, according to researchers from Northumbria University.
To find out whether the benefits of exercising after an overnight fast were undermined by an increased appetite later in the day, the team led by Dr Emma Stevenson and PhD student Javier Gonzalez asked 12 men to exercise on a treadmill either before or after breakfast.
Afterwards they were all given a chocolate milkshake followed by a pasta lunch and were asked to eat until they felt “comfortably full”.
Their lunchtime consumption of energy and fat was then calculated, taking into account the amount burned during the morning exercise session.
The researchers discovered that those who had exercised in the morning did not consume additional calories or experience increased appetite during the day to compensate for their earlier activity.
They also found that those who had exercised on an empty stomach burned almost 20 per cent more fat compared with those who had breakfast before their workout.
This means that performing exercise on an empty stomach is the most efficient way of losing fat.

Mr Gonzalez said: “In order to lose body fat we need to use more fat than we consume. Exercise increases the total amount of energy we expend and a greater proportion of this energy comes from existing fat if the exercise is performed after an overnight fast.
“Our results show that exercise does not increase your appetite, hunger or food consumption later in the day and to get the most out of your session it may be optimal to perform this after an overnight fast.”
The findings are published online in the British Journal of Nutrition.
Dr Stevenson, senior lecturer in sport and exercise nutrition at the university, said: “This research is very important in helping to provide practical guidelines relating to food intake to individuals exercising to maximise fat loss.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/373042/Why-early-birds-lose-the-most-weight
Doesn't your metabolism spike at the beginning of the day and drop off towards the end of the day anyways? So it would make sense for that to happen?

Or do they address that in the full article somewhere?