GAY How to be fit -OR- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Salad

So we have a bunch of banana's on the counter and I tell Zac to take two tomorrow to work for a snack. He goes into this whole thing about how he will only take one because two is too much sugar to have.

Remember, Zac is a bean pole.

So I ask him if he wants a slice of bread with his perogi's and he said yes. I had sliced up some grape tomatoes and douced them with balsamic to go with my perogi's.

Wait, back up. He'll have a slice of bread, but NOT one extra banana during the day? I assume that the banana is much healthier than store bought bread. Plus the perogi's and the sour cream on top of them can't be that healthy either. Sometimes I think he likes to argue with me just because he can win.... I lay over a die too much.

Who is more crazy?

pretty sure you're gonna get traded in if you keep this e-standingupforyourself stuff up.

My intent was to get in shape, but I knew it would take me a couple of years to do so. I wasn't in a rush. Here's what I did to get in shape:

Step 1: Diet

No I didn't eat healthy, and I still don't. (In fact, I'm drinking a Coke as I type this)
What I DID do though is this. Back at my largest, if I went to a fast food restaurant like Wendy's, I would get a large Classic Triple with a large fries and large Coke. That right there is about 2,000 calories.
First step, was to decrease the size. Instead of getting the Biggie size meal, I went normal. From there, I went to a Classic Single, and nowadays, I just get a junior bacon cheeseburger when I go there. (no fries or Coke) So I went from 2,000+ calories to around 400 calories.

The issue is not always what you eat, but how much of it you eat. You can still get a 6-pack not eating healthy. It's just if you want to be at competition levels, you need to cut out all the crap.

Workout:
Squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press. Lather, rinse, repeat. If you want to put on muscle mass, nothing increases testosterone (which in turn creates muscle mass) more than these four exercises. Incorporating squats three times a week doubled all my lifts in the span of a year. If you want to burn fat, nothing uses your muscles more and burns more calories more than these four exercises. Now what about cardio? Steady State cardio is nice, but as soon as you're done, you stop burning calories. Doing circuit training, will allow you to continually burn calories for up to 48 hours after the workout. One of my favorite circuits to do is called the Bear Complex. This incorporates three out of the four exercises (deadlift becomes a full power clean though) I mentioned and burns a crap ton of calories.

Now for the girls that say, I don't want to be a muscle bound girl, there are two things for that. 1.) You lack the testosterone to get huge. 2.) If you don't eat to gain mass, you won't gain mass, so if you're trying to burn fat, then you won't get all muscley.

I added muscle to make calorie burn easier, then worked on the fat loss afterwards.

From all I've read, if you want to lose weight adding weight training to a regimen of healthy diet and cardio does make a difference but you shouldn't ignore the other two. I guess everyone is different, but I can't find anything to back up your theory that weight training alone is the best bet, and I've looked and looked for this information. We've had this conversation before. I've talked to personal trainers and wellness coaches and nutritionists and doctors and I simply can't come up with it. There's a ton of debate on the topic but I haven't seen the scientific data to back up your claims. Can you please point me at it?

Last edited by a moderator:
So we have a bunch of banana's on the counter and I tell Zac to take two tomorrow to work for a snack. He goes into this whole thing about how he will only take one because two is too much sugar to have.

So I ask him if he wants a slice of bread with his perogi's and he said yes. I had sliced up some grape tomatoes and douced them with balsamic to go with my perogi's.

Wait, back up. He'll have a slice of bread, but NOT one extra banana during the day? I assume that the banana is much healthier than store bought bread. Plus the perogi's and the sour cream on top of them can't be that healthy either. Sometimes I think he likes to argue with me just because he can win.... I lay over a die too much.

Who is more crazy?

Like, NONE of that food goes together. So, you're both cray cray!
wooo!

From all I've read, if you want to lose weight adding weight training to a regimen of healthy diet and cardio does make a difference but you shouldn't ignore the other two. I guess everyone is different, but I can't find anything to back up your theory that weight training alone is the best bet, and I've looked and looked for this information. We've had this conversation before. I've talked to personal trainers and wellness coaches and nutritionists and doctors and I simply can't come up with it. There's a ton of debate on the topic but I haven't seen the scientific data to back up your claims. Can you please point me at it?

Weight training alone isn't the best bet and I've never said that. You have to eat less calories than you burn as well.

Regarding weight training over steady-state cardio for calories, that's everywhere:

However, there is also a phenomenon that is coupled with strength training. Following high-intensity, anaerobic exercise, metabolism increases for an extended amount of time. This increase in metabolism causes extra calories to be burned for up to 48 hours after strength training! The higher the intensity of the strength training session, the longer the metabolism remains elevated, and the more calories burned during exercise recovery.

http://www.fitness-nutrition-weightloss.com/is-your-cardio-a-waste-of-time.html

Your body benefits from this form of aerobic exercise because of a phenomenon called, Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption (EPOC) or after-burn. High intensity interval training creates an elevated metabolism that can burn calories for up to 36 hours, post workout! Conversely, steady state cardio stops burning fuel soon after the workout.

http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1956&Itemid=973

I could post more if you really need more.

Who is more crazy?

1 banana is enough,
Too much potassium makes your dick smaller.

I'm allergic. :(

Wellbutrin was freaking awesome for appetite suppression, but that didn't work out well for me in the end. It's great to quit smoking too...:fly:

Oh yeah I forget, I bet you're not allergic to European coke, there's nothing good in it. :fly:

AD's are pretty good, you're right, plus you can't sleep so you're always burning calories pacing the hall all night. :lol: I need to get my repeat script now you mention it.

Oh yeah I forget, I bet you're not allergic to European coke, there's nothing good in it. :fly:

AD's are pretty good, you're right, plus you can't sleep so you're always burning calories pacing the hall all night. :lol: I need to get my repeat script now you mention it.

Many antidepressants are the exact opposite of that, they make you sleepy and hungry.