Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

GAY How to be fit -OR- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Salad

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by water, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SHUT YOUR CUNTY MOUTH

2. So, back to this. I have a few questions.

First off, fruits. I've been hearing that some fruits are bad (wtf?!?) like bananas and such. Is that bullshit or is there something to it?

And tell me more of these micro steamer bags of veggies. I don't think i've come across them yet. But I also skip right past the frozen veggies aisle as I mostly buy whatever I use fresh.

3. Your workplace allows you to take 15 minutes breaks every hour? That is a luxury.

4. The steamers are pretty cool. Most common one I use is Edamame in single serve bags (maybe 2-3 dozen bean pods?) for a snack in the middle of the day.

5. Fruits are either, depending on the meal plan you're using and your end goal. I like fruit too much to give them up so I eat them anyway.

They're pretty cool. If I had a microwave and used plastic bags I'd be all over them. It's a Ziploc bag with some holes cut in it. You pit your veg in the bag dry and microwave it. The steam released cooks the stuff while keeping it moist and delicious.

6. Hmm.

Interesting, but I wonder if investing in a flash steamer might be better. Thanks for the info.

7. Most work places where you aren't chained to a desk or phone don't mind if you take 10-15 minutes out of an hour to refresh. I've been doing it for years at multiple employers.

8. The ones already in the bag are STUPID convenient. Many times frozen veggies are actually healthier for you, because they can pick them at their peak and flash freeze them. Most 'fresh' veggies are picked before they are ripe. Some are even gassed to force them to ripen unnaturally.

9. WTF, do you punch a clock or something?

10. wtf I just sit at my desk and come and go as I please.

11. He is indoctrinated to the govt, they frown on that

12. No, but i cant just not work for 2 hours of my work day and go do some other shit.

13. ...

Most impressive.

However, i'm tempted to believe that since you're a leprechaun that you magically willed yourself to a tight bod. Please confirm/deny thanks.

14. In ghost's defense, he's been pretty buff for a while now

15. I don't believe in that nonsense. I'm a snake handler through and through.

The snake's venom will grant me a place among god's chosen.

16. Hmm, valid point.

I should probably get over my fear that microwave ovens are a secret source of cancer.

17. We have a couple bamboo steamers that work awesome, it's not as fast but they're cheap and last forever.

And really, cooking most vegetables is super fast anyways. I don't really think a special steaming device is required. Put 1/4" of water in a sauté pan and cook your veg on high with the lid on. Mixed veg (broccoli, carrots, peas, etc) take about 10 mins. I do carrots solo for 5 mins and then drop the rest in for the other 5.

18. You watched Justified last night too, eh?

:shifty:

19. :bow: