Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

GAY How to be fit -OR- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Salad

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by water, Jan 23, 2013.

1. I'm not running to lose weight.

2. Understood; and you're already too skinny so I would never suggest losing any more weight.

I was saying that my performance as a competitive runner improved.

3. I don't care about competition enough to reduce carbs, I love them too much.

4. Depending on how far you intend to run, everyone I've ever known says it's dangerous to do it without carbs. This includes professionals on the triathlon circuit.

5. I haven't found one that gives you a comprehensive analysis of nutrients you are getting and suggestions for what to include in your diet to make it more balanced like this one does. Can you recommend one?

6. Any distance athlete will have such a low fat ratio that there won't be anything to burn if they don't get their muscles loaded with glycogen through carbs. There's a reason marathon runners carbo-load, it delays the point where your body has to transition to burning fat. Of course you can sprint on cotton candy and wafers.

7. Mmmm cotton candy

8. Gonna get you a machine for your birthday

9. Fuck ya. Zac won't allow it in the house.

10. S'what the lanai is for

11. Never done a triathlon. I've never eliminated carbs, I just make it a point to not consume large quantities.
    True, but I've always had some meat on me and wasn't competing in marathons.

I just learned something.

12. Interestingly, carbo-loading is only effective a few times a year as the body realises it's being tricked. The idea is to deny your body carbs completely for a few days then bingeon them the night before the race (hence pasta parties). Your body over-reacts and stores more glycogen than it would ordinarily in case it's the only chance it gets. This moves the point in the race where you start burning fat back nearer the finish line. As I said, however, use the technique too often and your body stops being tricked. It's also possible to get it wrong and have legs like lead on the day.

13. Its been a couple of years since I used one. Assuming you've tried all the big ones, I guess not. All I remember was that the barcode scanner was AWESOME

14. www.100daysofrealfood.com -she's kind of obsessed with one video & one book, but the premise is to eat as little processed food as possible. That's what I like to do. I make a crap load of homemade foods.

15. I make a home load of crapmade food.

16. No processed foods. That's a huge one to cut out that is awesome for the body.

We eat out several times a week.:(

17. I don't think its several. At least, I hope not.

18. benzos = :heart:

but i dont really fuck with those too much these days

19. #319 Dory, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    I am on day 3 of my healthy(ish) seasonal diet. I have tons of positive energy and am so productive. My house is sparkling clean, my dog is getting tons of great training and I'm reading instead of sitting around on here. :nev:

Also my clothes are baggy as fawk.

20. double your cigarette intake?