GAY How to be fit -OR- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Salad

I've been trying to focus on my macro nutrients lately. I'm aiming for a 40/30/30 ratio of carbs/protein/fat. Too many carbs still though.

Plus we have to have carbs for the amount of running we do.
No.

To really succeed, IMHO, you need protein. Getting your body to switch to fat burning for energy vs using carbs will allow you to perform at a more consistent level over a longer period of time without fatigue/cramping.

I used to do cross country in hs, and did some competitive running as an adult in my mid 20's. I noticed a marked improvement in my performance once my body switched to fat burning over using carbs.

For someone like you who consumes a ridiculous amount of candy this is likely not possible though. You need to really cut carbs to force the metabolic change.

No.

To really succeed, IMHO, you need protein. Getting your body to switch to fat burning for energy vs using carbs will allow you to perform at a more consistent level over a longer period of time without fatigue/cramping.

I used to do cross country in hs, and did some competitive running as an adult in my mid 20's. I noticed a marked improvement in my performance once my body switched to fat burning over using carbs.

For someone like you who consumes a ridiculous amount of candy this is likely not possible though. You need to really cut carbs to force the metabolic change.

How does protein get you to "burn fat rather than carbs"?

How does protein get you to "burn fat rather than carbs"?
I'm not a nutritionist....

However, if you cut out carbs your body will adjust to life without them (or low levels of them) and allow you to burn fat for energy in real time.

This coincides with the fasting and all the other stuff. At this point if I have a plate of spaghetti it feels like a rock in my tummy.

I'm not a nutritionist....

However, if you cut out carbs your body will adjust to life without them (or low levels of them) and allow you to burn fat for energy in real time.

This coincides with the fasting and all the other stuff. At this point if I have a plate of spaghetti it feels like a rock in my tummy.
But neither of them really have any fat on them. Fly has about 8 or 9lbs above it immediately above his shoulders, but that's it.