Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

GAY How to be fit -OR- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Salad

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by water, Jan 23, 2013.

1. I take valium as a stimulant.

2. Real answer though CJ yes they help. I don't think anyone realises how much they help until they've been that depressed and then taken some that work. It means I don't have to worry about struggling to get out of bed or have to feel helpless and like dying daily.

3. i only had valium once when i was getting my balls cut on, and it was a fun time. the valium, not the ball cutting.

4. I fuckin love Valium. I would be in heaven if I got a script for that stuff. :drool:

Which I think...is probably why no doctor wil give me one :lol:

5. #225 eileenbunny, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Those are all SSRI's right? They are the most popular thing right now, but they don't play well with a lot of people, so I would hope doctors would consider other classes of antidepressants until they found something that worked for their patient.

I'm not a fan of sleeping pills. Maybe eating some benadryl to help occasionally, but a lot of the ones they prescribe here are addictive and make you do crazy things.

I took them for a while to get through a rough patch but I don't anymore. I would take them again if things got bad again. I don't think they are a clear cut cure all for depression, but they can help in really bad situations.

6. Interesting. When I took the Xanax it was like the world went all happy. Kinda like mushrooms but without the visuals. I felt care free and lalalala for like 4 hours.
    R.I.P. balls

7. I have a bunch of benzos in a drawer here. I'm not a huge fan. I wish they were more fun for me, but really they just knock me out fast.

8. Were you depressed at the time?

I think of AD's like this - all they do is restore your chemicals to normal. I don't feel 'buzzed' or 'happy' on AD's, I just don't feel like dying anymore, I'm back to just functioning as an average person.

9. Omfg Yay!!!!!!!

This thread rules!

Fatties, take notes!!!

10. That's why you use melatonin. Works like a champ but its not addictive and it doesn't leave you all drowsy.

11. I love a downer or 5 with a stiff drink.

12. No, I was curious what it would do so I took half of one. I've never had a depression or anxiety problem. I have good days and bad like normal people but am OK for the most part. Every day I write down 3+ things I'm grateful for, it really helps my outlook and reminds me that there are good things out there. I'm kind of a pessimist in that I feel like 95% of people I encounter are full on retarded, so the book helps.

13. But melatonin does come with risks. The longer you use it, the less able your body is to produce natural melatonin thus making you dependent upon it. To say that it isn't addictive in that sense is an arguable point. In addition, there's not much regulation on the melatonin you buy. I remember reading a study of some popular melatonin supplements and it was determined that the amounts and purity were all over the place, even in the same bottle of stuff. Also, it's important to remember that melatonin is a hormone. It's probably not wise to take this stuff without consulting a physician first.

14. Oh, and melatonin can reduce your sex drive. That sucks too.

15. I'm guessing the odd feeling you got was because your brain chemicals are fine, so they spiked, whereas when depressed all the do is bring it to a normal level.

16. Well that's a deal breaker.

17. Xanax isn't an anti-depressant.

18. I could use an antipsychotic. I think I'm Bipolar

19. Yes, this is what I'm going to start doing once the weather is not an arctic freeze. Get the kid off on the bus, then power walk with the dog and go about my day. I just bought a new coat for this, too. Yayy

Me, neither. I tried Celexa bit back and I documented that in the girly rape thread. Was horrific for me. I've never taken anything else mentioned here. I can't even imagine trying Xanax. All of this stuff scares me.

that's Adderall for me.

20. Doesn't your metabolism spike at the beginning of the day and drop off towards the end of the day anyways? So it would make sense for that to happen?

Or do they address that in the full article somewhere?