How small of a space could you live in?

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
I used to live in a shoebox under a lake, and I was happy! These kids today and their houses larger than a square feet...

But seriously, if you want to continue the dorm room discussion this would be a good place for it.

Turning the beds into bunkbeds to provide enough room for a couch or comfy chairs was popular in my res.

When I was in a campus apt and condo I'd always grab the bottom bunk bed, and take the top bed off and put it on the ground all regular like.

Then you could flip the legs upside down on the top bunk part and get a bunch of storage space underneath.

a buddy of mine down the hall my freshman year had his roommate move from the 4th floor we were on down to the first because he had a gimpy leg...we put 3 beds and desks in my room and made his room our pot smoking lounge stuffed with couches and stereo equipment

I used to live in a shoebox under a lake, and I was happy! These kids today and their houses larger than a square feet...

But seriously, if you want to continue the dorm room discussion this would be a good place for it.

Turning the beds into bunkbeds to provide enough room for a couch or comfy chairs was popular in my res.

i did this, too! i added some white string lights around the room, so it was fun to have those while high up in the bunk.
my first dorm room i had glow-in-the-dark crayons...my walls were always changing. :fly:

forgot to add the pot smoking lounge was full of fridges for beer too and I had a coors light silver bullet neon sign hanging in the window...we would turn it on when getting stoned so our buddies knew to come over :fly:

Honestly most of the studio apartments I've lived in are no larger than most 2-3 stall garages most Americans have. I actually like that size living by myself. Keep it OCD clean and minimalistic and you're fine. Some nice furniture and a computer system with my massive sound system is about all I really need. The sofas and tables are there for aesthetic purposes.

If I got rid of everything that is replaceable I could live in a small studio. Or in a van, down by the river.

YO VIVO EN UN AUTOMOVILLE CIRCA DE RIO!

a buddy of mine down the hall my freshman year had his roommate move from the 4th floor we were on down to the first because he had a gimpy leg...we put 3 beds and desks in my room and made his room our pot smoking lounge stuffed with couches and stereo equipment

...wait for it, wait for it....

SLUZERS!!!!!

:heart:

i'd actually love to have room for a weight bench. i could probably squeeze one in the bedroom if i downsized to a queen sized bed and put it in the corner.

if i move again it'll be into a two bedroom place so i can have an actual guest room (instead of the living room turning into the guest room) that I can use as a gym.

I wouldn't want to live in a much smaller place than I have now. But I did live in a 900 sq ft house once. It was cozy...

Yar, I love our house tho.

The smallest I lived in was a 725 sqft apartment. It was only me at the time and that was fine.

I couldn't do it right now though... I love furniture too much.

that's the smallest? when i first moved here i lived in a 600 s.f. apartment. i didn't have anything though.

My first apartment by myself was 750 sq ft. It didn't seem small to me at all, I had a suitable kitchen, a place to put my table, a couch/tv entertainment center, fireplace and a place to put my desk, a nice deck, and a bedroom big enough to accomodate my king size bed and all my stuff, and a decent walk in closet.

It shrunk drastically when flynavy moved in (he slept on the couch), then we moved to an 850 sq ft 2 bedroom place, that was fine (we had our own rooms) until my dad moved in with us, and 3 people in that place was claustropobic to say the least. :lol:

The apartment we have now is 1100 sq ft, and with 3 people it's manageable until we are all trying to be in the same space at the same time (kitchen)

The new house is going to be unbelievable, we still aren't sure what the heck we're going to do with 2400 sq ft of living space, but I guess we'll figure it out. :lol:

I opted out of living in halls in first year. I'm still pretty glad I did.

As far as now, I'm very content with my student room. It's quite large, has everything I need and still has a lot of space. I sorted the storage problem with a few shelves and one of those chests that kids keep robots and action men in.

Most of the student accommodation in Belfast is absolute shit. In first year I lived in a georgian townhouse with 8 other lads. I had to keep the bed out from the wall as the wall was constantly damp. It also had exposed piping and no form of heater. I didn't pick the house, and we paid fuck all rent, so it was okay I guess.

But yeah, fuck dorms. Halls at my univ are usurious. My housemate now paid close to 500 GBP per month for his simply because it had a shower and toilet. It didn't even get hot water 24/7.

I used to live in my moms vagina, so I guess that'd be the smallest place I could live in.

But when you can yell at your mom's axe wound, "THE EXCAVATION TEAM IS MOVING IN THE FRONT END LOADER," and hear your own voice reflected back, is it really considered cramped quarters?