I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥69,135
Check out these little houses:

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/houses/

Could you live in one?

Right now I couldn't. I'd have to get rid of most of my material possesions. Which might not be a bad idea considering how much crap I have.

I think it'd be interesting to see if I could pare down all my crap and live in one of those really tiny ones, like the 117 sq. ft. models or perhaps the 250 sq. ft. one, for something like 3 months.

I think I'd only need the following items:

1)Usual bathroom stuff. Toothbrush, soap, etc.
2) Laptop, plus a couple of external hard drives.
3) One TV
4)HTPC which also acts as a DVD player (saves space!)
5) 2 weeks worth of clothes including shoes, coats, etc
6) Basic kitchen items. Pots, pans, dishes, silverware, kitchen knives.
7) Basic set of furniture. Couple of chairs. MAybe a small table to put my beer on.
8) Bed. Mattress and box spring. No frame, I don't think it would fit in one of those lofts.

I'm sure I'm leaving something obvious out.

How about all of you? Think you could do it?

Well the 774 sq foot one they have would be an upgrade for me. To be honest I probably would be fine, I do most of my living in my bedroom and use the other room for storage.

Ive lived in a 300sq ft efficiency apartment before.
All I had was a TV, PC and a futon.
It was fine then, but I couldnt do it now. Not even if I was by myself.

I could live in the Loring, Harbinger or Ernesti. The Ernesti wouldn't even require me giving up much stuff besides a washer and dryer. It's about the size of the place I live in now.

my current apt is the size of the ernesti so I could swing that one...the rooms must be incredibly small though

Also, why would anyone pay $50k for a storage shed? I can spend a fraction of that at Home Depot, or get Drool drunk and have him make me one for free. Turn on his table saw, pass him a beer, slip a board in every once in a while and he wouldn't even realize what he was doing.

Also, why would anyone pay $50k for a storage shed? I can spend a fraction of that at Home Depot, or get Drool drunk and have him make me one for free. Turn on his table saw, pass him a beer, slip a board in every once in a while and he wouldn't even realize what he was doing.

:thrawn: They aren't selling "storage sheds". did you even look at the pictures.

I dont drink while running power tools , fool. I like having all my fingers attached:fly:

Depending on how close the local Ikea was, I could probably make do with Epu. Just don't tell chimney we have to sell off our rack cabinet and servers and reduce his beer collection done to under 24 bottles.

But I agree, that seems like an awful lot of money for 87 sqft, even constructed.

I am sure I can get the plans for that $995 and get Amish or Mennonites to build it for much cheaper.

Now to find the acreage.....

These homes just seem to have too much wood for me, though.

Where's the insulation? And metal in a shower? :confused:

Last edited: