How old is too old to have babby?

Depends on so many things. Finances, location (some people dont have to worry about college and healthcare), general physical health, life expectancy (dying young in the family or not?). I would probably put my personal limit at about 40-45 I think for having kids, if I were to have them, which I'm not.

Think about it, keep in mind when the kid hits 18... paying for college v. retirement

You should be saving for retirement both long before, long after, and during when you have a kid. It shouldnt be one or the other.

I dont even had kids yet, and i have an account started for their college funds, in addition to my retirement due to realizing what a ridiculously large expense it is. I dont even want to tell my kid that he or she cant go to a school they really want to because we cant afford it. And i dont want them to be crippled with debt either.

Where i run into problems, is multiple kids. I can save for one no problem, two gets hard, and three is borderline impossible.

my wife is 40 and she feels she is too old since she doesn't want to be paying for college when we should be planning retirement trips

my problem maybe it seems abstract at this point but her message is valid

on the other hand, so many are having kids in their 40's nowadays... wonder how all that goes down when they hit 60

You should be saving for retirement both long before, long after, and during when you have a kid. It shouldnt be one or the other.

I dont even had kids yet, and i have an account started for their college funds, in addition to my retirement due to realizing what a ridiculously large expense it is. I dont even want to tell my kid that he or she cant go to a school they really want to because we cant afford it. And i dont want them to be crippled with debt either.

Where i run into problems, is multiple kids. I can save for one no problem, two gets hard, and three is borderline impossible.

:eek: three here

my wife is 40 and she feels she is too old since she doesn't want to be paying for college when we should be planning retirement trips

my problem maybe it seems abstract at this point but her message is valid

on the other hand, so many are having kids in their 40's nowadays... wonder how all that goes down when they hit 60

I think that's only fair for your wife. It's not about paying so much as being able to enjoy your life without kids in the home as you get older, I'm sure it's quite a nice feeling for many parents when their kids leave the nest. Bitter sweet for sure but there must be some enjoyment iin getting your life back, have another kid and that plan gets set back 5, 6, 7 years or whatever it is. I know my mother worked damn hard and didn't do much for herself until I was quite a bit older, now she doesn't have young kids running around she can relax a lot more.

go to the mall or out to eat...see how kids treat parents...get fixed immediately...

agreed, kids = takeout

no one wants to hear your kid spas out over not getting coke cuz they only had pepsi

I think that's only fair for your wife. It's not about paying so much as being able to enjoy your life without kids in the home as you get older, I'm sure it's quite a nice feeling for many parents when their kids leave the nest. Bitter sweet for sure but there must be some enjoyment iin getting your life back, have another kid and that plan gets set back 5, 6, 7 years or whatever it is. I know my mother worked damn hard and didn't do much for herself until I was quite a bit older, now she doesn't have young kids running around she can relax a lot more.

bittersweet is the word, from what I hear sending kids away is incredibly depressing

though a trip to scotland sure would change that

why just his wife. We arent talking the biological stress of having a child that covers a 9 month period here, we're talking the long term things, which puts equal stress on both parents.

Why you gotta assume his wife will do all the childrearing..... sexist :p

why just his wife. We arent talking the biological stress of having a child that covers a 9 month period here, we're talking the long term things, which puts equal stress on both parents.

Uh, it was his wife that seemed to have the objection and not him. Hence why I'm saying her POV makes sense.

her father has a problem with whiskey...sensitive subject