Thread How much PTO do you get at work?

of course not but tens of millions do. of course its more difficult the smaller the business so any exceptions made should be targeted there. but the companies that can afford to do this across hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands of employees should certainly be required to.

there are necessary exceptions to all types of labor laws, including things like overtime, taxes, insurance. there's a point where we can say the worker is entitled to certain rights as a member of the labor force and the business has to accept it as the cost of doing business. this has been done many times since the gilded age and has made life better for everyone

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
Fuck Canada, I still can't get to their immigration site.

BTW, I hear they hate DUIs, but what is there stance on sex with an underage dude? @gee @tre @Maureen

OMG THEY LOVE IT

ps: word here is that the site didn't crash cuz of crazy Americans, Canada shut it down to keep the crazy Americans out.
Thats our virtuL wall

Sent from my CEOs pretentious wine cellar

OK now that I'm at work and can actually check my balances, I earn ~5.5 hours a pay period (q2weeks) and even with having taken a week off I'm at ~107 hours available.

so I earn about 3.5 weeks a year, and it can roll over, or I can cash out some of the earned time or donate it to someone else who needs it. not sure how much rolls over, but we get messages nearish to now from HR telling us whether part of our balance won't carry over so we can cash out.