how much do you believe in fate?? Superstitions?

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥486
I dont find myself buying into most things, but sometimes i just can't help thinking, "Oh that must have happened for a reason, must not tempt fate"

The motorcycle class for instance, now i'm leaning heavily towards not going and avoiding motorcycles, agleast for now.

I kinda feel like maybe fate was telling me, "Get on a bike and your going to die"

Yeah probalby looking to deeply into it, but aside from that i'm a big believe in Karma and what goes around comes around kinda stuff

How about you folks, have any examples?? Am i crazy?

Crazy in regards to this topic not in general..

No, I don't believe in fate, in fact I despise it. Why do humans need a reason for everything? It's how religion got invented and that has really warped us.

fly said:
No, I don't believe in fate, in fact I despise it. Why do humans need a reason for everything? It's how religion got invented and that has really warped us.

good point, but what about sabatoging something subconciously (sp)
???

fly said:

Jesus loves you.

I do a few superstitous stuff becuase I figure I better cover all bases. I do salt over the shoulder, don't walk under latters (that is more of common sense), try to run over the black cats before they totally cross my path, etc.

I do believe in Karma. Plus trying to do things to earn good Karma helps you be a better person.

I believe sometimes stuff happens for a reason but over all man has freewill. I think God just has a twisted sense of humor.

Fate? I believe we determine our own fate in which Karma plays a role. Im also very supersticious. Any time i'm an ass, bad things happen to me and i have to build up my good karma before it goes back to normal.

fly said:
It's how religion got invented and that has really warped us.
ceilingfly.JPG

I try not to. I'd like to believe that I'm in control of my own actions, my own choices. There are so many instances in my life in which a single moment has drastically altered its' course. There are three people I feel were destined to be a part of my life but it's unlikely I would have met them had I made certain choices. Maybe this is how things are meant to be, maybe I fought fate and made them this way. In either case all I can do is play the hand I've been dealt.

I'm a little bit superstitious- I inherited that from my grandparents. I won't walk under a ladder and I get the heeby jeebies when I see a black cat. It's just one of those silly things about me.

As for fate- well, I'm not totally sure. I like to tell myself that Karma will kick me in the ass if I do something I shouldn't- or that if someone does something to me that Karma will come back around kick them in the ass. Then again I might just tell myself that to make me feel better if someone treats me like shit :p