Thread How much did you make and what was your first job?

Tourist information dude / ham radio operator at VO1AA. Talked to tourists about Marconi, ham radio, other touristy things to do, and good bars to get drunk at. And let random kids talk to people around the world using the ham station. Minimum wage ($4.50/hr, I think?), but it was a fun as shit job.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and pacojas
I modeled in high school, only because my mom insisted. I don't have a clue what I made because it was all funneled thru my mom & she gave me an "allowance" aka gave herself AND me an allowance. :oops:

$6 or $6.50/hr in 2003-2004 as a pump jockey and general clerk at a full serve gas station in bumfuck, NY, after school job my senior year of HS

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Oh ya, babysitting for 1 buck an hour at like 12 or 13... Parents were more laid back then about a kid watching their kids.
My friend and I started a babysitting business at the local pool during the summer. I was 13. There was a tennis court, so the tennis moms would have us watch their kids at the pool while they played tennis. We charged $4/hr, or $6 for two kids, $8 for three.

We did it for 2 summers, then passed on the business to 2 younger girls when we got jobs. Made more $ babysitting, though, should have stuck with that.