How many of you useless people have done this and suceeded...?

theacoustician said:
It sounds like if you can get away with that kind of stuff, that the school is padding the grades it gives out to make itself look better. I predict your life at a university will be ... interesting.

At this point....I'm not sure I'm going to univeristy. If I get accepted for this music diploma after that's finished I can do a higher diploma and then work on to do a university degree level thing, but I'll be studying it all in a college. (16-18yr olds).

If I don't get in, I'll go the boring route and uni life will be great.

As for padding out grades to look better, the exams we take get sent off to examination markers outside of school and are compared with the rest of the country, not my school.

Nemo said:
Listen old man, I used to live in what you'd call a ghetto, I used to go to public schooling until my dad decided I needed to be around intellectual people. I can dodge a ball better than you. As can a lot of people in private schools. I don't really think there's too much of a difference between sports people at public or private school. Try a new argument. :)
I can, with little doubt, say that I can dodge a ball better then you. The only beneft that private schools have over public schools when it comes to sports is the ability to recruit players out of the public arena to play for their schools.

Nemo said:
Last semester? I haven't done any Physics for the past five years. My last report said "Carys got a dreadful 19% in her last test and if she doesn't study she will probably get the same result in her finals this year". What a bitch.

Why didn't you just use a pen? :wtf:
i care more about school now more than i ever have. before, i wouldn't do much work and still get good grades (except in high school physics, you kinda had to do the hw to get a decent grade). in college, i have found that this also can work for a lot of stuff, more in the realm of not studying than say... not turning in homework/papers/projects. I guess getting A's is worth more to me.

its not that i didnt use i pen, its more that i didn't buy one from the school, and it took them a year to find it. at first they thought i had stolen it. :rolleyes:

smileynev said:
I can, with little doubt, say that I can dodge a ball better then you. The only beneft that private schools have over public schools when it comes to sports is the ability to recruit players out of the public arena to play for their schools.

I'm smaller and thinner, so I can prolly dodge better, even if I can't run faster. :fly:

This isn't America, we don't let people come in just because they're great at sports, you get your good grades and work your team practises around that, sry. That said our school do win a helluva lot of things, but it seems that a lot of team players are also some of the smartest people. We don't pick for sporting ability, there's a lot of tards who can't even catch a ball. (That annoys the hell out of me)

Harper said:
i care more about school now more than i ever have. before, i wouldn't do much work and still get good grades (except in high school physics, you kinda had to do the hw to get a decent grade). in college, i have found that this also can work for a lot of stuff, more in the realm of not studying than say... not turning in homework/papers/projects. I guess getting A's is worth more to me.

its not that i didnt use i pen, its more that i didn't buy one from the school, and it took them a year to find it. at first they thought i had stolen it. :rolleyes:

I hate Physics, it's just so boring to me. I'll learn the formulas and then the rest just sounds like common sense to me. I'll work hard in college/uni because I actually get to choose exactly what I do, so I'll enjoy it so therefore work at it. I didn't choose to do Physics.

Nemo said:
I hate Physics, it's just so boring to me. I'll learn the formulas and then the rest just sounds like common sense to me. I'll work hard in college/uni because I actually get to choose exactly what I do, so I'll enjoy it so therefore work at it. I didn't choose to do Physics.
i liked physics, but that mostly had to do with being able to play with a dart gun than anything else. we had to guess distance/vector/etc and see if we were right, then try to hit a target while holding a gun at a certain angle for our grade.

i did the worst thing for my motivation my senior year: i signed my scholarship letters before the academic year even started. i was all but guaranteed a free ride no matter what happened in high school. i think i would have had to fail every class to drag my gpa under the limit. :D

but i was still a good kid and did the minimum to keep As or Bs in all my classes. i'm glad i actually tried in all my dual-enrollment classes.

and nev and nemo can both be content that my dodgeball/warball skills totally eclipse either of them.

Harper said:
i liked physics, but that mostly had to do with being able to play with a dart gun than anything else. we had to guess distance/vector/etc and see if we were right, then try to hit a target while holding a gun at a certain angle for our grade.

We don't get anything fun like that. All I get is put-down remarks from my teacher with arthritus, who has the most monotone and boring voice. But hey it's better than the teacher I had for 3yrs, he's so dumb and stupid half the class used to walk in and out all lesson and he'd never notice. :rolleyes:

Kabn said:
i did the worst thing for my motivation my senior year: i signed my scholarship letters before the academic year even started. i was all but guaranteed a free ride no matter what happened in high school. i think i would have had to fail every class to drag my gpa under the limit. :D

but i was still a good kid and did the minimum to keep As or Bs in all my classes. i'm glad i actually tried in all my dual-enrollment classes.

and nev and nemo can both be content that my dodgeball/warball skills totally eclipse either of them.
:lol:

I used to make the little bitches cry when playing trench (variation of traditional dodgeball).

I was a PE fiend back in the day.

Nemo said:
We don't get anything fun like that. All I get is put-down remarks from my teacher with arthritus, who has the most monotone and boring voice. But hey it's better than the teacher I had for 3yrs, he's so dumb and stupid half the class used to walk in and out all lesson and he'd never notice. :rolleyes:
dont hate on arthritis, i have it, jigga.

i used to have this substitute teacher with Narcolepsy. he'd be out within 30 minutes of starting class. it was kinda sad... but funny at the time.

smileynev said:
:lol:

I used to make the little bitches cry when playing trench (variation of traditional dodgeball).

I was a PE fiend back in the day.
i ran the court. i'd actually coordinate flanking maneuvers using other people as bait.

and i could walk out and do it again right now if i had to. :D

Kabn said:
i ran the court. i'd actually coordinate flanking maneuvers using other people as bait.

and i could walk out and do it again right now if i had to. :D
As could I, only I'd beat you. You can teach strategy, you can earn leadership, but you can ony be born with the gift.... the gift of dodgeball grace and strength.

smileynev said:
As could I, only I'd beat you. You can teach strategy, you can earn leadership, but you can ony be born with the gift.... the gift of dodgeball grace and strength.
How does someone with the girth of the broad side of a barn have grace?

smileynev said:
. . .with which i was born in spades. i'm sorry, nev; you'd go down like every other fat kid i've beaned.

Kabn said:
. . .with which i was born in spades. i'm sorry, nev; you'd go down like every other fat kid i've beaned.
And you'd fall backwards like every other arrogant little brat that I've clobbered...:D

smileynev said:
And you'd fall backwards like every other arrogant little brat that I've clobbered...:D
lounge in your altered nostalgia if you like, but this arrogant little brat would tag you and then just rough you up if you started talking smack. :eek:

fly said:
Please tell me that threre aren't people in this thread arguing about who is better at dodgeball. :(
We're all better then you.