How long

Yep..

The Easter Bunny

"Here comes Peter Cottontail
hoppin' down the bunny trail
Hippity hoppity
Easters on its way!"

The Easter bunny has its origin in pre-Christian fertility lore. The Hare and the Rabbit were the most fertile animals known and they served as symbols of the new life during the Spring season.

The bunny as an Easter symbol seems to have it's origins in Germany, where it was first mentioned in German writings in the 1500s. The first edible Easter bunnies were made in Germany during the early 1800s. And were made of pastry and sugar

The Easter bunny was introduced to American folklore by the German settlers who arrived in the Pennsylvania Dutch country during the 1700s. The arrival of the "Oschter Haws" was considered "childhood's greatest pleasure" next to a visit from Christ-Kindel on Christmas Eve. The children believed that if they were good the "Oschter Haws" would lay a nest of colored eggs.

The children would build their nest in a secluded place in the home, the barn or the garden. Boys would use their caps and girls their bonnets to make the nests . The use of elaborate Easter baskets would come later as the tradition of the Easter bunny spread through out the country.

Although:

In order to become Chief Easter Bunny, Peter Cottontail must defeat the evil Irontail in a contest to deliver the most eggs on Easter Sunday. Through his trials, Peter Cottontail discovers the value of ingenuity, the importance of placing duty before pleasure, and the folly of self-conceit.

Let me share with you all the conversation Mr. S and I have been having over AOL regarding the Easter Bunny and what I thought was My mistake.

thatrandomgirl2 (11:35:34 AM):
thatrandomgirl2 (11:36:30 AM): I thought Peter Cottentail was an Easter Bunny
thatrandomgirl2 (11:36:48 AM): lol - opps
djockeysd (11:37:15 AM): i know easter's on its way in the song
djockeysd (11:37:23 AM): maybe it is a reference to the easter bunny
thatrandomgirl2 (11:37:50 AM): HA!
thatrandomgirl2 (11:37:56 AM): then it must be!
djockeysd (11:47:47 AM): http://www.holidays.net/easter/bunny1.htm
djockeysd (11:48:52 AM): In order to become Chief Easter Bunny, Peter Cottontail must defeat the evil Irontail in a contest to deliver the most eggs on Easter Sunday. Through his trials, Peter Cottontail discovers the value of ingenuity, the importance of placing duty before pleasure, and the folly of self-conceit.
thatrandomgirl2 (11:49:05 AM): OMFG
djockeysd (11:49:11 AM): :0
djockeysd (11:49:12 AM):
thatrandomgirl2 (11:49:27 AM): but im right
thatrandomgirl2 (11:49:34 AM): he is the king pin of easter bunnies
djockeysd (11:49:49 AM): that was his intent
thatrandomgirl2 (11:49:53 AM): lol
thatrandomgirl2 (11:50:06 AM): you are too much my dear
djockeysd (11:50:09 AM): not sure if he was able to achieve said status with his coke habit and his penchant for young girls
thatrandomgirl2 (11:50:25 AM): OMG
djockeysd (11:50:36 AM): santa has a tongue for the meth
thatrandomgirl2 (11:51:12 AM): what about the tooth fairy
djockeysd (11:51:41 AM): she's a meth sympathizer
djockeysd (11:51:49 AM): she pays them when their teeth fall out
djockeysd (11:51:54 AM): lol

Fat Burger said:
Yeah, we need Drool to draw something up in time for us to CafePress them for Easter. It needs to be sickeningly cute with butterflies and stuff. Maybe Jesus can have some pastel barrettes in his hair.

Cant, too busy drawing devils and bald super hero nerd guy things and stuff.