How long should I MIRCOWAVE my newborn?

Shalimar

Like herpes - just appears
Feb 5, 2007
St Pete
www.minglemixx.com
Marklar
₥0
so our micro just died midweek. used it to warm up coffee about 10am, went to use it again at noon and it was dead. checked outlet and it was fine. bitch just died. (gonna try to look at the side panel to check for fuses, but I think it just may be old and tired).

we've been making do. just hit the groc store and was mindful to avoid frozen dinners and the like, which we don't eat much, but are good to have in a rush.

how long could you go without yours? what kitchen appliance would you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO REPLACE the next day if it went down?

I am curious how long we can go without our microwave, especially in light of the story below...

a mouse ate thru a dishwasher hose about a year ago.. i tried to fix it, but the gasket (?) thingies didn't fit. been too lazy (and unhandy really) to go back to lowe's (won't shop at home depot due to a bad experience) and get a smaller one. we've been washing dishes in the sink for a year now. probably saving money I would assume not running loads that take almost an hour to do.

word up.

(oh, I found mouse fried like a death row inmate in the wiring behind the oven. he was beginning to smell. ewww, I know.)

I just got a new one for my new place a week ago...a huge LG with rotating tray...so far I've used it once to reheat a sammich

When I moved into my condo I didn't have a microwave or dishwasher for over a year. You get used to not having them.

edit: currently running sans microwave as well, kitchen looks bigger without it so hopefully it'll sell better.

aye - i only use it for the odd cereal or something maybe once or twice a month.

other than that i just use the oven or the hob. anything i make tends to go soggy and clammy in the microwave so i'd rather not.

the microwave is handy, but not really needed. It would be a pain to reheat leftovers, but manageable. As long as i have a fridge and stove, im good to go.

I rarely use my microwave. Everything I cook comes out better from the oven or the toaster oven. As for what would have to be replaced quickly...the fridge!

I would have to replace the refrigerator and the microwave. I've proved I can cook most things either in the microwave or on the grill this summer, so if my oven went out, it wouldn't be a huge deal. I would be sad to lose the stove top though, I use that daily, but not as often as I use my microwave.

Seriously, I know the microwave is a "luxury" but it's a luxury I've become accustomed to and would not want to live without for more than a day. They are also cheap, so easy to replace. I think we spent 60 bucks on the one we are currently using and it's almost 6 years old and still working like a charm.

I would have to replace the refrigerator and the microwave. I've proved I can cook most things either in the microwave or on the grill this summer, so if my oven went out, it wouldn't be a huge deal. I would be sad to lose the stove top though, I use that daily, but not as often as I use my microwave.

Seriously, I know the microwave is a "luxury" but it's a luxury I've become accustomed to and would not want to live without for more than a day. They are also cheap, so easy to replace. I think we spent 60 bucks on the one we are currently using and it's almost 6 years old and still working like a charm.

lucky charms taste terrible from a microwave