How is it that I'm the first person to make a thread about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharma1521

Soooo do I look as young as I look?
Apr 5, 2006
Falls Church, VA
Marklar
₥2,197
http://www.tbt.com/tampabay/news/article36369.ece

I think this says it all:

article36369.ece

With the mayor at his side, longtime Largo City Manager Steve Stanton disclosed Wednesday that he is undergoing hormone therapy and counseling in preparation for a sex-change operation.

Through the process, which could take well over a year, Stanton plans to remain as the chief executive of the city of 76,000. He has the support of Mayor Pat Gerard, elected last March. "He's a dedicated city manager and puts his job first," said Gerard, who learned of the decision Jan. 1.

Stanton, 48, said he eventually will change his name to Susan, the name his late mother would have given him if he had been a girl.

Married with a 13-year-old son, Stanton said he has thought of becoming a woman since childhood. In recent years, he said he has gone to clubs, the symphony and the grocery store as a woman, but only in places like Orlando, Atlanta and Chicago.

Stanton had planned to go public in June so his son could be out of town when the news broke. But that changed this week after the St. Pete Times heard of possible changes in Stanton's life and approached him.

Stanton said he is "terrified" about the effect of the news on his family but wouldn't comment on the future of his marriage. His wife, Donna, could not be reached for comment. "I love my wife," he said. "She's been superb. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me.''

After the interview, he began telling commissioners, department managers, secretaries and others, many of whom were stunned.

"Is this a hoax?" asked city Commissioner Mary Gray Black, who heard from a reporter. "It flabbergasts me.''

Stanton decided to seriously consider gender-reassignment surgery after Largo city commissioners refused in 2003 to approve a proposed human rights ordinance that would have protected transgender people. Stanton supported the ordinance, but did not take on a leading role in the contentious debate that led up to the vote.

He began discussing his private life with a therapist who testified in support of the ordinance and that led to his decision, he said.

Only a handful of public officials across the country have made the transition. Former St. Paul, Minn., Deputy Mayor Susan Kimberly, 64, said coming out can be terribly scary. "What Steve is going through right now just takes an enormous amount of courage," she said. "It's a matter of staying cool and calm and explaining something that is nothing but a circumstance of life."

Stanton and Gerard both said they believe he can continue as the city manager during and after the change.

"I'm good at my job," said Stanton, who supervises 1,200 employees and a budget of $130-million. "My gender has nothing to do with my capabilities."

Most city commissioners said they supported Stanton's decision, but a few said they were concerned about public reaction.

"I don't think it affects how I think of Mr. Stanton or how the city is going to be operated,'' Commissioner Rodney Woods said.

Vice Mayor Harriet Crozier worries about community backlash.

"If it seems to be a disturbance then we need to make whatever decision we need to make at that time,'' she said.

"I want to do this with a sense of dignity and worth," Stanton said. "It's going to take more courage than anything I've ever done."

Happy bitches!

Last edited:
Rated 1 because I have to jump a link to find out why this thread is supposed to be interesting.

W:eek: W This does take a lot of courage... I wish he/she didn't have it! I don't think it should be a news confrence. I think susan should just come in on Monday with tits and a hot new hair do like all the other trans genders...:cool:

I'm hard on you because I want you to do better sweetheart.

Now post some pics of your cleavage and we'll all forget about this.

Sorry my friend, there is quite a long waiting list to be my nemesis.

Now you're getting back to more sane old time shit.

Yes, let's see some pics of Ward and June Cleavage, and that nice house with the fenced in yard...

Oh wait... You wrote cleavage <oh dear, my, my>

Status
Not open for further replies.