How hard is THIS YOU DANG RETARDS!!!

Penis Envy

Giant Member
Sep 2, 2005
Orlando
Marklar
₥486
2 weeks now, for 2 weeks i've been troubleshooting a customer who is having Transport Errors

SURPRISE.. network outages >>>

big surprise.. check your network, our service WILL die if we lose connection to our system database!!!

we are now running some network sniffers and monitoring what happens..
the request was to run 1 report

they had 10-20 people run the same report, that has 10+ subreports and returns a massive amount of records.

SURPRISE, your Single processor 1gig of ram server just got brought to its KNEES YOU TARDS

Limitations my friends.. Limitations..

i've now waisted probably 16-20 hours of my damn time with these tards..

Weaselsrippedmyflesh.jpg

bananiac yellow said:
2 weeks now, for 2 weeks i've been troubleshooting a customer who is having Transport Errors

SURPRISE.. network outages >>>

big surprise.. check your network, our service WILL die if we lose connection to our system database!!!

we are now running some network sniffers and monitoring what happens..
the request was to run 1 report

they had 10-20 people run the same report, that has 10+ subreports and returns a massive amount of records.

SURPRISE, your Single processor 1gig of ram server just got brought to its KNEES YOU TARDS

Limitations my friends.. Limitations..

i've now waisted probably 16-20 hours of my damn time with these tards..
are they running digital reports or hardcopy or both?

in my BRIEF experience as a DBA I talked to everyone that ran the same reports and worked out a system where like only two people would run it and they would copy it for the others that needed it

it's ghetto, but it kept my servers up

Last edited:
elpmis said:
are they running digital reports or hardcopy or both?

in my BRIEF experience as a DBA admin I talked to everyone that ran the same reports and worked out a system where like only two people would run it and they would copy it for the others that needed it

it's ghetto, but it kept my servers up
It's not ghetto :D, that's how really nice systems are set up - the reports are generated automatically at specific time intervals and are available for anyone to look at.

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's not ghetto :D, that's how really nice systems are set up - the reports are generated automatically at specific time intervals and are available for anyone to look at.
The office I did the work for wasn't big enough to justify time interval reports, and was small enough to where people could walk over to my office and bug me because they wanted to run a report - hence I set up my system (that worked) and hence I got out of the DBA business and computers in general

ChikkenNoodul said:

we have those options as well. These people feel the need to run them on demand As many times as possible..

We do limit our report generation and then que up the rest.. HOWEVER, if you hit the limit, usually 10 per server, and are running some massive reports.. well surprise its going to be EXTREMELY slow..