Halp How fast is too fast to pay off a mortgage?

I want to make sure I can get laid off from my job and not be in real trouble. I am a bit too old and out of the loop to find a new job that pays like my current job. I figured if I have the money now, pay off those things that are requirements (place to live, food to eat, etc) while I can before shit hits the fan.

Worst case you guys can stay in the attic above my garage

Worst case you guys can stay in the attic above my garage
You have no idea how tempting that is. I was actually throwing around the idea of buying a shit piece of land and having a cheap pole barn built on it for me and friends to have a sanctuary to have yoga practice. A couple of my friends would like a place to host nude yoga and that would be perfect.

Your attic could be just the place!

You have no idea how tempting that is. I was actually throwing around the idea of buying a shit piece of land and having a cheap pole barn built on it for me and friends to have a sanctuary to have yoga practice. A couple of my friends would like a place to host nude yoga and that would be perfect.

Just hose it down when youre done!

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and nukes

Keep in mind, gas rises.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Market timing is a myth.
pffft, my TSP disagrees.

I was in completely safe funds due to being a risk averse 25 year old until 2008, and didnt lose a thing. Then i switched to some more risky funds and got an almost immediate and increasing return throughout the crash.

pffft, my TSP disagrees.

I was in completely safe funds due to being a risk averse 25 year old until 2008, and didnt lose a thing. Then i switched to some more risky funds and got an almost immediate and increasing return throughout the crash.
And if you were to repeat that experiment 100 times, 50 times it wouldn't work.

And if you were to repeat that experiment 100 times, 50 times it wouldn't work.
anchorman-60percent.png

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Yeah. Housing prices fluctuate. Buy at the bottom of the fluctuation, not the top.

The people we bought our house from got buttfucked outta a quarter million because they bought when prices were at there peak.

The neighbors are underwater too.