How far away was the clinic?

Talkie said:
In places in Africa where AIDS / HIV is common, the local missions actually spread rumors that condoms can be a source of infection.

There needs to be people to stop THESE people.
even worse, some witch doctors tell men that raping a virgin of either sex will cure them of aids

Pandora said:
Although the thought of this turning into a discussion frightens me.

bullshit

if people dont want to discuss grown up topics in a civilized manner, let someone edit, delete or lock the thread.

r_b_ said:
i know that if i was 16, i would try to not let my parents know. THat's scary shit. However when it came down to it, if i absolutely had to tell my parents i would find a way. Most parents don't know how to educate their kids and have trouble communicating. If you think about it, their parents didn't communicate sex to them, they grew up with that mentality and it's something that's hard to break because it's handed down generation to generation.

i suppose i was spoiled and it affects my judgement. my parents were very clear. i knew what the consequences of my actions would be, my parents were quite explicit. i knew how they would react if i screwed up.

and to be honest, i still wouldnt have told them. but they did educate me.

funny...i am turning 27 in january and will still have to explain my actions to my parents shortly

Drool-Boy said:
why in the holy hell would someone do that:confused:

Certain religions believe using contraception is morally wrong, but have no problem lying to those that don't know better. :mad:

April23 said:
Holy crap, I can't believe there are people like that in this world.
you wonder how people can believe these people, but it's just the blind leading the blind until someone steps in. Nothing changes without people stopping the cycle.

r_b_ said:
you wonder how people can believe these people, but it's just the blind leading the blind until someone steps in. Nothing changes without people stopping the cycle.
Getting the idea to hammer away at your gf's pregnant belly is insane. They are getting off on no charges... isn't the legal abortion age 3 months? Anything after that is considered murder?

April23 said:
Getting the idea to hammer away at your gf's pregnant belly is insane.

QFT, and letting your bf do it is insane as well.

They are getting off on no charges... isn't the legal abortion age 3 months? Anything after that is considered murder?

Apparently the legal side is concerned with whether the fetus would be "viable", and it seems that the legal argument here is that it would not have been viable at 6 months gestation.

thrawn said:
bullshit

if people don’t want to discuss grown up topics in a civilized manner, let someone edit, delete or lock the thread.

Actually I think if people can't discuss it in a respectful and civilized manner they just need to keep it to themselves. That way those who can discuss it in that manner can continue to do so. There should be no need to edit threads. But I doubt that will happen. I only said that because so many people can not discuss it in a civilized manner. It's a very emotional issue, and emotion has a way of destroying a logical level-headed discussion. I've been involved in many conversations about abortion and it usually results in fighting.

Pandora said:
Actually I think if people can't discuss it in a respectful and civilized manner they just need to keep it to themselves. That way those who can discuss it in that manner can continue to do so. There should be no need to edit threads. But I doubt that will happen. I only said that because so many people can not discuss it in a civilized manner. It's a very emotional issue, and emotion has a way of destroying a logical level-headed discussion. I've been involved in many conversations about abortion and it usually results in fighting.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Pandora said:

That's because one side has only emotion, and no logic, to fight with. :fly:

dreamwalker said:
QFT, and letting your bf do it is insane as well.

Apparently the legal side is concerned with whether the fetus would be "viable", and it seems that the legal argument here is that it would not have been viable at 6 months gestation.
I'm pro abortion, but they are bending the rules for a very violent act.