How far away was the clinic?

and if you ban abortions, shit like thats gonna happen a LOT more often

thrawn said:
the legality of abortions was not a factor here...
im aware. but if you take away the option, things like this will go from freak occurance to everyday happening

just an observation

PinkysAvenger said:
im aware. but if you take away the option, things like this will go from freak occurance to everyday happening

just an observation

I believe you are correct sir!!

Although the thought of this turning into a discussion frightens me. People have a hard time 'discussing' it, since it's such a passionate issue for most. People have a right to their opinions and I wouldn't want to alienate them, even if they're wrong. :fly:

I was kidding about that "wrong" part btw....kinda..... :D ;)

Pandora said:
I believe you are correct sir!!

Although the thought of this turning into a discussion frightens me. People have a hard time 'discussing' it, since it's such a passionate issue for most. People have a right to their opinions and I wouldn't want to alienate them, even if they're wrong. :fly:

I was kidding about that "wrong" part btw....kinda..... :D ;)

You're absolutely right about the perils of opening that discussion. It combines religion and politics, which are two hot subjects in themselves. Combining the two is about as good an idea as combining gasoline and a match. I have my own opinion, which I hold very strongly, but this is not the place for that.

I'm going to limit my comments to what internal damage that must have done to her. If you understand the anatomy, you realize that the baby is actually quite well protected, especially in the first two trimesters. Apparently this one was 6 months along, at the end of the second trimester. In order to do any real damage to the baby the boy had to be hitting her in the abdomen pretty darned hard, over a period of three weeks :eek:

It's sad that they felt they had to do that.

They should have felt that they could freely talk about it with their parents / doctor and resolve the situation.

More importantly, they should have been able to speak freely about contraception and not land themselves in this mess in the first place.

This is what anti-abortion laws can get you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talkie said:
It's sad that they felt they had to do that.

They should have felt that they could freely talk about it with their parents / doctor and resolve the situation.

More importantly, they should have been able to speak freely about contraception and not land themselves in this mess in the first place.

This is what anti-abortion laws can get you.
they probably have to have parental consent for an abortion becuase she is under 18. The parents probably didn't know what was going on, because they didn't know until these charges came up. Sad world we're living in.

r_b_ said:
they probably have to have parental consent for an abortion becuase she is under 18. The parents probably didn't know what was going on, because they didn't know until these charges came up. Sad world we're living in.

its sad that they couldnt talk to their parents about this, or that their parents didnt educate them.

thrawn said:
its sad that they couldnt talk to their parents about this, or that their parents didnt educate them.
i know that if i was 16, i would try to not let my parents know. THat's scary shit. However when it came down to it, if i absolutely had to tell my parents i would find a way. Most parents don't know how to educate their kids and have trouble communicating. If you think about it, their parents didn't communicate sex to them, they grew up with that mentality and it's something that's hard to break because it's handed down generation to generation.

r_b_ said:

It's a culture of fear and ignorance. I really hate it.

Talkie said:
It's a culture of fear and ignorance. I really hate it.
which is why there needs to be people to stop the cycle and educate themselves. It's sad when i give advice on birth control pills to girls in my house becuase they still believe rumors and haven't read the little pamphlet included with the medication.

In places in Africa where AIDS / HIV is common, the local missions actually spread rumors that condoms can be a source of infection.

There needs to be people to stop THESE people.