how do you get out of speeding tickets?

April23 said:
20+ so about 250 or so bucks...

This isn't a one time thing.. its a 50 time thing. :(

Lawyer works, I highly advise it.

DANG girl. I guess I've just never been one to drive really fast (and get caught). The biggest ticket I've ever gotten is $40.

kiwi said:
That $100 was to get you out of a speeding ticket? :confused:

How to beat a ticket:

When I lived in North Carolina you could pay a traffic lawyer about $100-$150 and you would get what is called an improper equipment charge which is a guilty charge but it doesn't affect your insurance rates. You get a couple of points on your license but none towards your insurance. As far as the insurance companies are concerned it is like you never got a ticket. Most states have a similar guilty plea that a lawyer can secure for you for a modest fee.

In Georgia I do some computer repair for one of the district attorneys so she "assisted" when I got a ticket. I paid like 60 bucks and went to traffic school one day and she convinced the cop to drop the ticket. If i did not have her assistance, she says the traffic school PRIOR to your court date is a good idea. Then unless you have a horrible driving record, you can ask the judge for a "prayer for judgement" or whatever it is called in your state which will wipe away the offense if you can drive scot free for a year or some other predetermined amount of time. However if you speed and get caught again during your PFJ period they will charge you for the old ticket and the new one.

These are my usual methods of handling speeding tickets.

ERage said:
How to beat a ticket:

When I lived in North Carolina you could pay a traffic lawyer about $100-$150 and you would get what is called an improper equipment charge which is a guilty charge but it doesn't affect your insurance rates. You get a couple of points on your license but none towards your insurance. As far as the insurance companies are concerned it is like you never got a ticket. Most states have a similar guilty plea that a lawyer can secure for you for a modest fee.

In Georgia I do some computer repair for one of the district attorneys so she "assisted" when I got a ticket. I paid like 60 bucks and went to traffic school one day and she convinced the cop to drop the ticket. If i did not have her assistance, she says the traffic school PRIOR to your court date is a good idea. Then unless you have a horrible driving record, you can ask the judge for a "prayer for judgement" or whatever it is called in your state which will wipe away the offense if you can drive scot free for a year or some other predetermined amount of time. However if you speed and get caught again during your PFJ period they will charge you for the old ticket and the new one.

These are my usual methods of handling speeding tickets.

So you don't just play in the arcade. :fly:

Coqui said:
Yep nothing like paying $100 to get out of paying $75

The extra $25 keeps your insurance rates from going up. That 25 is worth it if you can keep your rates from going up for the next 3 years. Especially if you are under 25 years old; your rates will really skyrocket with a ticket on your record.

ERage said:
The extra $25 keeps your insurance rates from going up. That 25 is worth it if you can keep your rates from going up for the next 3 years. Especially if you are under 25 years old; your rates will really skyrocket with a ticket on your record.

I guess in her case it's different. If you rarely get a speeding ticket, I'd pay for the ticket (such as I do) the 1st one doesn't go on your insurance. 1 speeding ticket in 3 years. It will be off my record in june so I get another freebie in june :p

why_ask_why said:
it's not mine...it's a forum smilie :p
That's what I ment, I'm using it for my forum. Barely anyone goes there anyway so I don't know why I bother. :fly:

Coqui said:
I guess in her case it's different. If you rarely get a speeding ticket, I'd pay for the ticket (such as I do) the 1st one doesn't go on your insurance. 1 speeding ticket in 3 years. It will be off my record in june so I get another freebie in june :p
Yeah, she is a habitual line crosser.