Pics How close can I get?

DoubleJ

Half-staff Member
Oct 30, 2008
Shelton, WA
Marklar
₥0
Ended up getting 3 yards before he had enough and walked about 10 yards away. Probably could have hand fed him if I'd had an apple in my hand at the time

2pt.jpg

2pt3.jpg

2pt2.jpg

2pt1.jpg

2pt4.jpg

2pt5.jpg

Last edited:
aren't you supposed to put an arrow in its neck?

Used all my tags already. This is a house deer anyway. One of 8 that have been born in our back yard over the past 4 years. We're the neighborhood nursery. We've litterally watched him and his brother grow over the past 3 years.

Nice 5-point you got there. I'm kind of surprised with the development of the main tines that he doesn't have brow tines. He's gonna be a freaking stud of a wall mount in a few years.

Nice 5-point you got there. I'm kind of surprised with the development of the main tines that he doesn't have brow tines. He's gonna be a freaking stud of a wall mount in a few years.

It's not a 5pt you east coast fucker. It's a 2x2. The split tine doesn't extend an inch so it doesn't count as a point otherwise it'd be a 2x3.

He's only 3.5 years old. eye guards will probably start to develop next year, if his genetics dictate. He'll probably go 3x3 with small eye guards, MAYBE large enough to push him to 4x4. Blacktail develop antlers MUCH slower than mulies or white tail. I've seen 4x4 2 year old white tail when the genetics are right and they have good high quality food to eat.

I am interested to see what that split tine does next year, if he's still around. As long as he stays around the houses like he has the past 3 years, he'll be ok. The rut at the end of the month is going to make him stupid though so, you never know.