How can you cure a burnt tongue?

C

crazymike

I burned my tongue drinking too much hot chocolate this week. Anyone have any tips for fixing it? Other than time :p

bengay.gif

I don't think you can do much about it.

But like Dov said, ice cubes might help.
I'd rather leave it the way it is than walk around with ice cubes in my mouth all day :p

basically when you burn your tongue on something, you strip off a few layers of taste buds. when they die, they normally grow back in 2-3 days.
all i can say is avoid really hot foods, drink lots of water to keep hydrated, and don't eat anything too rough in texture

F33nX said:
basically when you burn your tongue on something, you strip off a few layers of taste buds. when they die, they normally grow back in 2-3 days.
all i can say is avoid really hot foods, drink lots of water to keep hydrated, and don't eat anything too rough in texture

Nurse F33nX to the rescue!!! :D

Better day today?

BigDov said:
Nurse F33nX to the rescue!!! :D

Better day today?
hehe, i'm all about that TLC. i can think of a few other ways to keep your tongue hydrated too;)

today is neutral so far. tonight i'm going to see bela fleck and the flecktones tho, and this weekend should be good, so here's hoping:)

F33nX said:
hehe, i'm all about that TLC. i can think of a few other ways to keep your tongue hydrated too;)

today is neutral so far. tonight i'm going to see bela fleck and the flecktones tho, and this weekend should be good, so here's hoping:)

OOOOoOH, now that you put it that way, I can too ....... :drool: LOL

Bela Fleck?? Damn, that makes me jealous...... can't think of the last time I've even heard that name around here :( Enjoy the show :heart:

BigDov said:
OOOOoOH, now that you put it that way, I can too ....... :drool: LOL

Bela Fleck?? Damn, that makes me jealous...... can't think of the last time I've even heard that name around here :( Enjoy the show :heart:

hehe:heart:
i am really excited about the concert. the last few times they've been in my neck of the woods i've missed them for some reason or another. bozusugoi surprised me with tickets this week, he's such an angel! :happydance:

F33nX said:
hehe:heart:
i am really excited about the concert. the last few times they've been in my neck of the woods i've missed them for some reason or another. bozusugoi surprised me with tickets this week, he's such an angel! :happydance:

aawwww good ol bozusugoi!!! You kids have fun :D

Now about that 'other' tongue remedy.......... you got about 30 minutes to uh, go over that with me?? :drool:

:shifty:

dreamwalker said:
Time is about the only thing that works. FWIW injury to the tongue usually heals quickly.

my boyfriend bit entirely through his tongue when he was little. as fasr as i can tell, there are um, no signs of scarring

:shady: