How can I make my boss stop looking at the event log on our Windows Servers?

M

meyou

At least daily he calls me into his office to discuss "problems" on our domain controller. These "problems" do not involve some critical application or function not working, but rather a scary yellow sign with an exclamation point next to an entry in the event log. They're usually fairly standard errors that aren't indicative of any major problem. (for some reason everytime a Mac client shuts down it puts a dropped connection event under MACSRV, for instance)

I really regret telling him about the event log. :(

Drool-Boy said:
tell him looking at that file causes cancer
He just got done with an exhaustive eval to find out that he no longer has any cancer...so...no.

wr3kt said:
Don't give him access rights...?
He'd burn the place down. I can't even make him stop using the domain admin logon for his everyday use. I told him about the security risks involved but he's incouragable.

meyou said:
He'd burn the place down. I can't even make him stop using the domain admin logon for his everyday use. I told him about the security risks involved but he's incouragable.
Tie his hands to the desk.

Or cut them off.

meyou said:
tell him that you gave his personal account administrator rights (which would be a lie) so that he doesn't have to use the admin account. make him use his account and change the admin passwords.

CletusJones said:
tell him that you gave his personal account administrator rights (which would be a lie) so that he doesn't have to use the admin account. make him use his account and change the admin passwords.
I guess I could just rename the administrator to something else and rename his regular account to administrator ;)

meyou said:
I guess I could just rename the administrator to something else and rename his regular account to administrator ;)
one time we had a guy at work that insisted he be an administrator, we created a group that had power user rights and called it administator. he never caught on.