How can I make my boss stop looking at the event log on our Windows Servers?

change names of machines so he's looking at something doing relatively nothing and wont bother you about event viewer ever again

meyou said:
He'd burn the place down. I can't even make him stop using the domain admin logon for his everyday use. I told him about the security risks involved but he's incouragable.
domain admin rights for someone that does not even know how to interperate the event log? good lord man...

ded said:
domain admin rights for someone that does not even know how to interperate the event log? good lord man...
he's fairly windows literate and knows the basics of the event log but he doesn't understand what most of the more confusing errors mean.

meyou said:
he's fairly windows literate and knows the basics of the event log but he doesn't understand what most of the more confusing errors mean.
tell him to look it up in the MS database :lol:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Set up an 'alerting system' that will forward those alerts to his email

Send him a few at the outset, 'fix' them, then never send him anything again
This is the best idea. You can use it at any point in the future when you're too busy, too. Send him another fake alert, then tell him it's highly critical, will take several hours to fix, and you can't be bothered while you're working.