How big of a turkey are you getting?

Holidays are the time of year you need to gorge yourself on meat products to feel better about having to spend time with your family. A Vegan Holiday is like Rudolph the reindeer not having a bright red nose and only 3 legs. You can't lead a sled with a gimp.

I'm not spending it with family, hence why it's vegan. You wouldn't find my mum and dad eating fake meat at a time like Xmas. We're either just spending it at home together or going to see a couple of friends who are going to be home alone. Surprisingly 2 years ago when we had a full vegan feast it was the tastiest Xmas dinner ever. Vegan trifle actually tastes better than normal trifle. :drool:

My wife has been trying to get me to eat more vegan products for years. I've yet to turn to the dark side. It may be better for me but I don't want to live longer if if I have to eat yucky food to do it. My parents are rednecks and practically every meal had some type of meat or biscuit/corn bread with it or both. The redneck lifestyle is not for me but I sure love the southern cooking.

Brine that thing up!

Due to family bullshit, I never get to cook a turkey, and always end up with dried out crap.

We're of course brining our Thanksgiving Day turkey. We'll be cooking another one for our Christmas party and I think I'm going to try this buttermilk brine that I saw in the Williams-Sonoma catalog. It sounds interesting enough for me to try out on my friends, but not enough to possibly ruin my wonderful Thanksgiving day turkey.

Following in theac's footsteps, I've got a spreadsheet together with my cook plan/times. :fly: