How big of a turkey are you getting?

i'm not in charge of buying. if it were up to me i'd skip the turkey and go right to the turkey soup.

Brine that thing up!

Due to family bullshit, I never get to cook a turkey, and always end up with dried out crap.

i'm not in charge of buying. if it were up to me i'd skip the turkey and go right to the turkey soup.

You can't make good turkey rice soup without the bones. :drool:

I think the biggest turkey my family has made is around 27 to 28 lbs.. This when the my father's entire side of the family would gather at my grandmother's house except the left coast branch of the family.

For nine us my father will get an 18-20 lbs. turkey. Best part is the creamed onions and the sage dressing. :drool::drool::drool:

had 2 fried turkeys last night...one cajun style and the other non spicy something or other...think they were both about 20 lbrs and we finished both no problem as well as a honey ham...was about 20-25 people

family thanksgiving is going to just be my dad and stepmom this year so we aren't doing a turkey for just 3 people

had 2 fried turkeys last night...one cajun style and the other non spicy something or other...think they were both about 20 lbrs and we finished both no problem as well as a honey ham...was about 20-25 people

family thanksgiving is going to just be my dad and stepmom this year so we aren't doing a turkey for just 3 people

Roasting Chicken (Not ToeNut :fly: )?

I'm not buying a turkey as I am not hosting. I told my mother in law to let the host know that I'd be more then happy to bring something, but I have not heard anything in the affirmative of needing to yet.