How big is your e-penis (version MP3)

C

crazymike

How many MP3s do you have in total on your HD?

Proof would be nice to make the thread more competitive.

I'm average at best... 5,216 MP3s. Most are full albums, a total of 24.1 gigs

a4amp3.jpg

crazymike said:
How many MP3s do you have in total on your HD?

Proof would be nice to make the thread more competitive.

I'm average at best... 5,216 MP3s. Most are full albums, a total of 24.1 gigs

a4amp3.jpg
That's an average of 46Mb per song. WTF? Those ain't mp3s at that point, those are wav files.

theacoustician said:
That's an average of 46Mb per song. WTF? Those ain't mp3s at that point, those are wav files.

There are quite a few oprahs, etc... which are well over 100mbs.

I don't think any of them are WMAs. You are more than welcome to browse my collection if one was to send a PM with a user name and password. But it would be for EDUCATIONAL purposes only ofcourse....

crazymike said:
There are quite a few oprahs, etc... which are well over 100mbs.

I don't think any of them are WMAs. You are more than welcome to browse my collection if one was to send a PM with a user name and password. But it would be for EDUCATIONAL purposes only ofcourse....
No need, I just thought it crazy that you have so realitively few songs for such a large space. I'm ripping my album collection to mp3 using LAME's --alt -preset -standard and my files aren't even that big.

theacoustician said:
No need, I just thought it crazy that you have so realitively few songs for such a large space. I'm ripping my album collection to mp3 using LAME's --alt -preset -standard and my files aren't even that big.

There are lots of large files in there. Spoken Word, etc... aswell as a few full albums rared to be one large MP3.

theacoustician said:

That's actually one of the best little tools I've ever used for that sort of thing :)

theacoustician said:
:confused: LAME is just the codec, it's not the utility. Which ripper are you using? I'm using EAC.

EXCUUUSE ME! Yes, EAC and RazorLAME. It's been a while since I've used 'em, since I've taken the lazy-man's route and just let WMP do all my ripping for me.......... Bill Gates owns my soul :(

BigDov said:
EXCUUUSE ME! Yes, EAC and RazorLAME. It's been a while since I've used 'em, since I've taken the lazy-man's route and just let WMP do all my ripping for me.......... Bill Gates owns my soul :(
WMP for ripping? EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

eraser_music_003.png

+ another few gigs of unsorted stuff

5011 tracks in playlist, average track length: 4:47
Playlist length: 399 hours 46 minutes 44 seconds

~ 1/2 MP3, 1/4 OGG and 1/4 APE
I need a new HDD :(