Ontopic How are you going to spend the last year on Earth?

We had a nuclear blast last night. Danced for hours and drank so much that we were still drunk when we woke up this afternoon. Off for some bloody marys and some breakfastlunch.

A delicious burger for lunch, a cup of blackeyed peas for luck, a flamboyant gesturing waiter and the strains of Tragedy by the Bee Gees. Thank you Lucky's! (aka Gay IHOP).

What's the big deal about anything then?

Like what? I party when people are organized to party. If they happen to be organized to party on New Years then I would party on New Years. I don't have to party because it's New Years.

I'm not against partying. Just don't see the big deal about new years eve.
human beings are drawn to seemingly artificial structure and arbitrary order. we like the idea of defining time; the measuring of years was developed independently and exists in every single culture that has ever been known to exist. in any culture with a rudimentary understanding of astronomy, the passing of a year is one of the first things they learn to observe and record

basically, you're the weird one for not seeing the big deal :p our planet has completed another revolution around the sun and we've survived that. let's have a drink

human beings are drawn to seemingly artificial structure and arbitrary order. we like the idea of defining time; the measuring of years was developed independently and exists in every single culture that has ever been known to exist. in any culture with a rudimentary understanding of astronomy, the passing of a year is one of the first things they learn to observe and record

basically, you're the weird one for not seeing the big deal :p our planet has completed another revolution around the sun and we've survived that. let's have a drink

It's done the loop billions of times. No biggie. Though I'll never refuse a beer.