WTF How apropos

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥431
And progressives toasted and celebrated the moment............
Chinese Pianist Plays Propaganda Tune at White House - US humiliated in eyes of Chinese by song used to inspire anti-Americanism

Lang Lang the pianist says he chose it. Chairman Hu Jintao recognized it as soon as he heard it. Patriotic Chinese Internet users were delighted as soon as they saw the videos online. Early morning TV viewers in China knew it would be played an hour or two beforehand. At the White House State dinner on Jan. 19, about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie “Battle on Shangganling Mountain.”

The movie and the tune are widely known among Chinese, and the song has been a leading piece of anti-American propaganda by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for decades.

Why am I not surprised that this happened during this administration. :rolleyes:

Wow that is terrible.

Almost as bad as when we play the Star Spangled Banner in front of the Queen of England.

The movie and the tune are widely known among Chinese, and the song has been a leading piece of anti-American propaganda by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for decades.

Are you sure about that? I'm well-versed on Asian film history and have never heard of it. A Whopping 49 people have voted on it on IMDB, and only 1 reviewed it. You'd think if it were a a "widely known" film in a country of billions it would have more votes.

Are you sure about that? I'm well-versed on Asian film history and have never heard of it. A Whopping 49 people have voted on it on IMDB, and only 1 reviewed it. You'd think if it were a a "widely known" film in a country of billions it would have more votes.

:lol: well played

Wow that is terrible.

Almost as bad as when we play the Star Spangled Banner in front of the Queen of England.

but that's totally justified because AMERICA CAN DO NO WRONG EVER DONT YOU UNDERSTAND

everything we do is just and moral and good for the world but if anyone else tries to do anything remotely similar it's nothing more than proof that obama is a kenyan muslim trying to subvert the constitution

China had IMDB until last year. I can't link the story because I don't have 15 posts. Grr.

Voting has existed since at least 1999. I know, because I checked my voting history and my first vote was cast in May 1999. So that gives them 11 years minimum.

I know when I've looked at other foreign films, info has been sketchy at best unless it's got Gerbil Departed or whatever that guy's name is.

It has almost no information about it. With popular films, even foreign ones, there is ton. Look up 'Roshomon' or 'La Dolce Vita' or 'Sissi'

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't you just say "How appropriate?" Is it not intellectual enough?

That wouldn't be intellectual at all. the OP was being sarcastic. Your comment indicates that you've missed that. All I did was add to the sarcasm.

And I'm tickled that BS was there & that the best line she could come up with when asked "why do you think you were invited?" Was "because I worked in a chinese restaurant." LOFL.

That wouldn't be intellectual at all. the OP was being sarcastic. Your comment indicates that you've missed that. All I did was add to the sarcasm.

He's said it a few times. "apropos"

I hear it a lot, and it makes my eye twitch each time.