How About A Nice Cup Of Oh My God The Irony?

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
debate-soldierstfu.jpg

Call to sacrifice is co-opted by profit motive

"The late Thomas J. Murray of Clifton Park became a symbol of home-front rationing from 1943-1945 when the U.S. Office of War Information selected him to pose as a cheery-faced soldier sipping coffee for a now-historic poster that read, "Do With Less So They'll Have Enough.""

ww12ll1.jpg

Lady, your dad's face helps bring humor to millions, so STFU!

Last edited:
I grew up about 20-30 mins from clifton park

and that lady is a quack...how is that causing anyone distress?

Hopefully they wont ever find a picture of my father who was in a similar photo in the 70s (no, I'm not lieing about this) anyhow, it would probably be more of a annoyance than anything. Honestly I don't know how I would take it.

i see both sides of this. i see how someone could be upset by this, and i see where someone else might enjoy the fact that people are having fun with it.

The only problem I have with the entire article is that the lady is going after Cafepress for earning a profit at the expense of her father. I 100% approve of the Cafepress business model of offering print services for the everyday individual. If they get shut down I'm going to be righteously pissed off. Especially if I can't get my "I'm a Corporate Whore" mugs for my office Christmas party this year.

:lol:

someone needs to show her the rest of the creative uses people have found for that poster.
Im sure she wouldnt like the Hot cup of Manchowder one. :D