House Work

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
I've been complaining to wife lately becuase I start cleaning up around my house as soon as I get home from work but she hasn't wanted to do any house work lately. I tried to explain that if we want my son to clean up after himself and put away his stuff then he has to see us do it everyday.
So her response is to go out and hire someone to come clean our house. I tried to explain that my issue was more that she wasn't helping than the house being dirty.

So I had to spend last night picking up our house so it can be cleaned. Which is a mind boggling thought in itself and when I asked her to help me get everything picked up she responded that she's paying for the service.

She makes my head hurt.

How are you guys doing today?

Wow, do you make dinner and breastfeed the kids, too?

Pancake Wagon said:
Wow, do you make dinner and breastfeed the kids, too?

She cooks the meals and I cleanup the kitchen. Which is totally fair becuase she's a great cook and I am not.

I've been cleaning the rest of the house more becuase I want my son to be cleaner and I want my house to look nice.

You have a point. The only reason I clean is because I saw my parents do it. One of my ex-girlfriends was kicked out of her dorm room because for some reason she didn't understand why there wasn't a cleaning service. Albeit she did live at Baylor, so maybe she thought it was part of room and board.

But it all turned out well when her parents paid for a maid in Waco for her.

DirkPhoenix said:
You have a point. The only reason I clean is because I saw my parents do it. One of my ex-girlfriends was kicked out of her dorm room because for some reason she didn't understand why there wasn't a cleaning service. Albeit she did live at Baylor, so maybe she thought it was part of room and board.

My parents were clean people, but the house was always cluttered. Part of the problem was the size of the house with 5 people in it. I'd like to think I've worked hard and overcome my upbringing when it comes to how I take care of my house.

DirkPhoenix said:

Growing up us kids had a huge list of chores and my parents also cleaned alot too. My wife had a nanny a lot of growing up and a maid woulld clean their house. So she's a really messy person becuase she's never really had to clean up after herself.

BigDov said:
Wow. We've managed to find the happy medium where we both clean up......... the kids usually do too with a little prompting.

I can't wait until my son is old enough to do some chores. I'm gonna work him like he was a slave.