House Pics

kiwi said:
Yes, but the problem is we are both very impatient people and we want it done now.

Oh I know all about being impatient. I can't imagine having to wait about 6 months. After we found our house we had to wait about a month for all the paperwork stuff to get shuffled around and signed and that was long ENOUGH! Have you started packing yet? ;) :fly:

FlamingGlory said:
It's so white...

That a Ryan home?

It's actually a Fieldstone Home, but as was pointed out, it's a fairly basic floorplan so I'm sure it's quite similar to ones other developers use.

Pandora said:
Oh I know all about being impatient. I can't imagine having to wait about 6 months. After we found our house we had to wait about a month for all the paperwork stuff to get shuffled around and signed and that was long ENOUGH! Have you started packing yet? ;) :fly:

I have boxes sitting at my house waiting for me. :fly:

That's only cause we have to sell our condo and we will be moving into an apartment until the house is done.

FlamingGlory said:
It's so white...

That a Ryan home?

We're going to be doing quite a lot of painting prior to moving in.

The first time we asked Haylee what color she wanted her room to be she said (in her darling, soft, little voice) "Pink". On visits to Home Depot she always choose a pink color in the paint department and has to take one of the sample cards home with her.

beautiful, kiwi!! you have a while to go, but time will run out BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, especially with packing, and a 2, and a baby. you'll be looking back from tomorrow at yesterday and not believing you were anxious about a long time. :fly:

congratulations!!!!

KNYTE said:
We're going to be doing quite a lot of painting prior to moving in.

The first time we asked Haylee what color she wanted her room to be she said (in her darling, soft, little voice) "Pink". On visits to Home Depot she always choose a pink color in the paint department and has to take one of the sample cards home with her.
PINK!

I wonder why. Most kids I've met go for bold, like crimson, or chevy yellow.

Drool-Boy said:
Ya definatly paint the place before you move your stuff in.
Doing it afterwards is a pain in the garagehole.

I'm also thinking of epoxy coating the garage floor, has anyone here done this?

KNYTE said:

I have.
If you get the real 2-part epoxy stuff (as opposed to just paint) bear in mind it takes about a week to cure properly. Its worth it tho. You can spill anything on that floor and it cleans right up.

KNYTE said:
Yar, with marine epoxy. You have to be sure that there is no moisture coming through the cement at all or it just pops off. We cleaned it with acid, then water, then applied. It's nice.

I think people need to realize that this is a starter home. Couples who are just getting into owning a house rarely move into custom 6,500 square foot palatial residences in my experience.

I think it's a fine little pad, and I'm very happy for them.

Sarcasmo said:
I think people need to realize that this is a starter home. Couples who are just getting into owning a house rarely move into custom 6,500 square foot palatial residences in my experience.

I think it's a fine little pad, and I'm very happy for them.
exactly, anyone else who thinks otherwise can rot in mormon hell