Tampa House Hunting Adventure

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,239
Steam
asastang
Ladybutt and I have been lookin for houses (I had my criteria in here somewhere, but search is still fucked up cause @fly has been :fly46:ing the forum)

We went and looked at http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1603-Lark-Ln-Brandon-FL-33510/44977598_zpid/ today.
The yard and how big the pool was were the best things about it, and even then the yard would require either constant maintenance or me tearing half of it out.

The house smelled like Old People. The interior was extremely dated, the kitchen was old and once you got inside it it felt cramped. The house felt like it needed two or three main walls to be knocked down or have windows put into them. Then there were the... strange design choices
Overall I felt like the asking price was easily $15-20K too high for what would need to be put into it to get it nice.

04-05-2013_6646_Resampled_2013-04-04_17-00-47_88.jpg
good idea

I like...
What the fuuuuuuuu......

Last edited by a moderator:
Search fixed faghorn.
I beg to differ.

I specifically mentioned citrus trees and a tennis court when I first starting talking about this. You search for my screen name and either "citrus" or "tennis" and find me something.
From everything I am seeing, search stops at Feb 21st or so, doesn't have anything beyond that.

Ugh. Claustrophobic.
We are looking at older houses, so a certain amount of closed-in is going to be inevitable, but depending on the house a wall being taken down can do worlds for that.

We are thinking we are going to have to up the amount we're willing to spend. Right now is sort of a shitty time to buy houses in the $150k range, there are investors out there that are literally buying houses sight-unseen, fixing them up somewhat, then renting them out for a couple years.

We are looking at older houses, so a certain amount of closed-in is going to be inevitable, but depending on the house a wall being taken down can do worlds for that.

We are thinking we are going to have to up the amount we're willing to spend. Right now is sort of a shitty time to buy houses in the $150k range, there are investors out there that are literally buying houses sight-unseen, fixing them up somewhat, then renting them out for a couple years.

How high are the ceilings? They look low and that's what does it to me.

I beg to differ.

I specifically mentioned citrus trees and a tennis court when I first starting talking about this. You search for my screen name and either "citrus" or "tennis" and find me something.
From everything I am seeing, search stops at Feb 21st or so, doesn't have anything beyond that.

you did no such thing. I would recall.

Also, google would.

I like 70's style sunken living rooms. Reminds me of my grandfather's place in LA.

How high are the ceilings? They look low and that's what does it to me.
10-11ft?
Didn't feel very tight to me, the rooms and hallways were closer than that to me.

Also, yeah I really like sunken dens as well, I'd really really like one.
I remember at the house I lived in during high school, the den was just one step down from the rest of the house, we got a kitten at some point and she got fixed. She ran full-tilt into the den and was so drugged up so she forgot to step down. Plowed face-first into the floor and went ass-over-elbows across half the room.
you did no such thing. I would recall.

Also, google would.
I was talking to you about it, you weirdo. You asked me what my requirements were, I said that I'd type it up when I got home, I mentioned something along the lines of "Ladybutt is partial to mature citrus trees"
I then said something about "this house had a fruiting orange tree"