HOT: xbox 360 for $307 shipped

Stop being a pussy buy the damn thing.
Unfortunately, I already bought one last month. Toys R Us had a bundle that included Call of Duty2 and an extra wireless controller.

But right now, there isn't a single game on it that I want to play. Once 99 Nights, Alan Wake, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Demonik, Enchanted Arms, Gears of War, and Mass Effect release ... now you're talking. By then, the PS3 will be released and MS will price drop the X360 to kick Sony in the balls. They'll also be on their 3rd or 4th rev. of the console, so hopefully pesky things like overheating, etc. will be a thing of the past.

theacoustician said:
They'll also be on their 3rd or 4th rev. of the console, so hopefully pesky things like overheating, etc. will be a thing of the past.

Im still not convinced that was even a real issue, except amongst whiney internet fgts. I can run mine for hours on end with no probs at all. There is a bit of heat blowing out the back of the thing, but being set up properly that shouldnt be an issue.

:drool:BioShock:drool:

Drool-Boy said:
Im still not convinced that was even a real issue, except amongst whiney internet fgts. I can run mine for hours on end with no probs at all. There is a bit of heat blowing out the back of the thing, but being set up properly that shouldnt be an issue.

:drool:BioShock:drool:
Well, MS said they had a roughly 3% failure rate. That isn't really that bad, but people whined very loudly about it. I suppose if I shelled out the kind of money people were at launch for a platnium system only to have to wait forever for a replacement and deal with MS customer service for a return, I'd be pissed too.

theacoustician said:
Well, MS said they had a roughly 3% failure rate. That isn't really that bad, but people whined very loudly about it. I suppose if I shelled out the kind of money people were at launch for a platnium system only to have to wait forever for a replacement and deal with MS customer service for a return, I'd be pissed too.

Ya If Id been one of the ones that had been gouged on launch day (yes, gouged, as in forced to buy crappy "bundles") and the thing crapped out quickly I would be super fucking pissed, too. But from what I heard, MS was pretty on the spot with replacements.
I dunno, mines fine, thats all that matters:p

Drool-Boy said:
Ya If Id been one of the ones that had been gouged on launch day (yes, gouged, as in forced to buy crappy "bundles") and the thing crapped out quickly I would be super fucking pissed, too. But from what I heard, MS was pretty on the spot with replacements.
I dunno, mines fine, thats all that matters:p
Did you put flaming stickers on the 360 as well?

theacoustician said:
I've got two local friends with 360s, both have had to return their systems for overheating / freezing issues

it took roughly 2 weeks for them to get their machines back

I'll get one in 2007 once they have new processors, mmmaybe

itburnswhenipee said:
Has a mod chip been developed for the 360 yet, and if so, what functionality does it introduce-- besides the whole game piracy thing?
at present what they have is a dvd firmware flasher, which allows backups to be run. at this point there is no homebrew whatsoever. it was expected that microsoft would plug the security hole from the dvd firmware in the summer dash update, but they didn't, either because they couldnt or because they'll use some other method of sealing up this hole yet to be revealed

bungle said:
at present what they have is a dvd firmware flasher, which allows backups to be run. at this point there is no homebrew whatsoever. it was expected that microsoft would plug the security hole from the dvd firmware in the summer dash update, but they didn't, either because they couldnt or because they'll use some other method of sealing up this hole yet to be revealed

They could patch it by putting the patches on new games like the psp does.

itburnswhenipee said:
Yeah, but I thought that a method had been found to downgrade the firmware to a more mod-friendly version.

For the psp, I mean.

I have no idea, but Im sure if MS wanted to sneak a patch in they could do it that way. Maybe on the next Halo game, if they wanted to put it on one that they were sure damn near everyone would buy.