Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

My 10" sliding miter will do it in one shot, and I don't need to fiddle fart around with batteries.
Yeah sliding isn't much more expensive but far more useful. You can't just flip the board over easily for compound angles especially if it's a long ass/heavy board. Honestly mitre saws are so specialized if you aren't making those sort of repeated cuts it's easier just to use a circular saw. They also arent super useful in a shop cause then you're ripping sheet goods and stuff. Also I know you fools are anal like me but soooo many people dont set the angles on mitre saws (you can adjust the bevel and the table) lots of times I've been on sites where the mitre saw is beat to shit and 90 is more like 85.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
That’s nice.

I have a 12” sliding compound mitre saw.

Some people just need a simple chop saw and it doesn’t trigger them them like a bitch, like you.
or we have both. I have a 12 inch slider too, but I only need that when im cutting 6x6s or 12+ inch floorboards.

But most the time.. im cutting dimensional crap, and im doing it far away from the barn, which this is perfect for

HEY GUYS, I FOUND A FREE MITER SAW!

Sure, it's a little small, but if you flip shit back and forth and aren't a fuckin' simpleton, it'll get the job done.

199$ in some areas. Ratchet alone sells for $150. I'm deep in Ryobi v18 stuff but might get this.

199$ in some areas. Ratchet alone sells for $150. I'm deep in Ryobi v18 stuff but might get this.
$400 where I am, def worth it if you can find it. The hackzall is sorta shit , be better if they threw a fein saw in there, but everything else is solid. You could pawn anything you dont want for a profit at that price.

That'll make it through one sheet of 3/4" ply before the battery dies, maybe.
Who the hell uses a battery anything to chew through an entire sheet of 3/4 ply?

Should it also be able to rip a 2x6 into a pair of 2x3's?

They're for smaller handy work. Everybody knows heavy stuff, and especially repetitive runs on heavy stuff, requires plugging in.

Really it's battery longevity while working smaller, lighter stuff that makes them so nice. Not the ability to sawmill some raw timber.

Dude was just trying to be nice and give me a heads up on something I might like, jeez who pissed in your cheerios.

• Haha
Ok I need to back up, it said TRACK saw.

That's not battery stuff.

I could do more and better with my vintage skillsaw and a piece of bed frame angle iron clamped on for a "track" laid across a couple non-matching milk crate set on the porch that is also uneven.

• Gravy
Really it's the track that makes the difference moreso than the saw.
They make that stuff out of flimsy aluminum because it's "lightweight and convenient".

You can take any old skilsaw and run it along a piece of steel that's known straight and end up with something far truer than some flimsy aluminum with a bunch of clamps and rods and shit. Even with a battery saw.

Shit I missed this. I want a track saw.
a good guide rail and base for a circular is just as good at half the price most the time. I have a kreg jig and base for mine that works perfect.

Track saw is needed for those perfect kerf cuts where you need the edges super clean though, cabinetry and other things