Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

I'm still covered front to back on my property with my Archer C4000. It's got the primary wifi, LocalN that has auto channel and frequency switching for 2.4 and 5GHz, and a guest wifi "Fisting4Jesus" to annoy my churchy neighbors.

I need to set up my irradiatetheneighborhood AP again. Big ass 28dbi omni antenna that can push 2.4 out to about 1000m.

Of course none of my devices can actually respond back from that range :p

I'm still covered front to back on my property with my Archer C4000. It's got the primary wifi, LocalN that has auto channel and frequency switching for 2.4 and 5GHz, and a guest wifi "Fisting4Jesus" to annoy my churchy neighbors.
Did you come up with that SSID organically, or did you borrow it from me? :lol: Either way :clap:

noise is fine as long as you're the dominant noise source on the channel :)
I remember working at a WISP from 2001-2004 and we had 15dB omnis at every POP, many with 1w amps (setup before my employment there). Man they were shitty. Picking up noise from everywhere. Moved to sectors, removed those stupid amps, and a lot of problem disappeared as well as improving signal propegation. Most WISPs no longer use omnis for that reason. 4 or more sectors FTW!

I remember working at a WISP from 2001-2004 and we had 15dB omnis at every POP, many with 1w amps (setup before my employment there). Man they were shitty. Picking up noise from everywhere. Moved to sectors, removed those stupid amps, and a lot of problem disappeared as well as improving signal propegation. Most WISPs no longer use omnis for that reason. 4 or more sectors FTW!
yeah, i agree with you, i had it lying around from wifi G days. Its super dated cause its only tuned to 2.4 anyway