Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

Amazon has all the Eero stuff on deep discount ahead of Prime Day.

Pretty tempting to replace my Unifi Time Bomb.
This guy hated the Unifi stuff at first too. I don't know anything about it, so it might not even be the same shit. Either way, he RMAd something, then tried it a couple months later, and it worked great.

This guy hated the Unifi stuff at first too. I don't know anything about it, so it might not even be the same shit. Either way, he RMAd something, then tried it a couple months later, and it worked great.

It's all working at the moment. It just has weird coverage issues with the 2.4ghz radios which a lot of people have with the new wifi 6 AP's.

I had to swap the old Wifi 5 units back in, taking the Wifi 6 Lites out, in two spots.

my unifi shit doesnt play nice with pixel 2xls for some reason, wifi drops a lot. But all the 2.4 devices are dead solid, and the feature set is nice

I've found UniFi firmware version 4.3.20 to be the most stable without weird DHCP bugs, Apple iOS device connection bugs, and other random shit. This coming from the couple hundred UniFi devices that I manage for my clients.

I'm in the middle of migrating unifi shit to a new controller and it's fighting me every step of the way

my unifi shit doesnt play nice with pixel 2xls for some reason, wifi drops a lot. But all the 2.4 devices are dead solid, and the feature set is nice

Have you done the usual of turning off band steering, setting DTIM to 3, turning off Wifi AI, etc, etc?

I've found UniFi firmware version 4.3.20 to be the most stable without weird DHCP bugs, Apple iOS device connection bugs, and other random shit. This coming from the couple hundred UniFi devices that I manage for my clients.

Do you use this firmware on the wifi 5 stuff?

I imagine you haven't bother with their U6 garbage.

Have you done the usual of turning off band steering, setting DTIM to 3, turning off Wifi AI, etc, etc?

Do you use this firmware on the wifi 5 stuff?

I imagine you haven't bother with their U6 garbage.
Correct, AC-PROs and NANOHDs are what we are rolling with currently. Waiting for a decent WiFi 6 device to come out, if ever.

ill mess with it. I just migrated my controller over to my home assistant NUC so itll be more "cloud-key" ish

I'm in the middle of migrating unifi shit to a new controller and it's fighting me every step of the way
Export backup. Run UniFi installer on new device. Then use the setup to restore database. I've done it a few times. Has worked fine. It helps to have the database maintenance done, keep stats for limited period of time (30 days is what we do).

Export backup. Run UniFi installer on new device. Then use the setup to restore database. I've done it a few times. Has worked fine. It helps to have the database maintenance done, keep stats for limited period of time (30 days is what we do).
thats exactly what i did. Then set-inform to the new address.

The controller didnt adopt either of the APs. I got it running, but it took a buncha prodding to get the APs transitioned. I think im good now.